Z-Tool causing high CPU issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

rjh What information would best help you troubleshoot this issue? sparkman wasn’t able to see anything in his logs and the only place I can see it is in the task manager.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I repeated the same steps with the same results. I enabled zwave's Detailed Debug logging to .../Debug Logs which I am happy to provide.

Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
    Number of Devices: 633
    Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
    2.0.40.0: BLLAN
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
    3.0.0.87: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

I repeated the same steps with the same results. I enabled zwave's Detailed Debug logging to .../Debug Logs which I am happy to provide.
      That would be great! If possible, post them to this thread?
      Thank you

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

That would be great! If possible, post them to this thread?
        Thank you

I'll have to check the logs for any sensitive data before uploading, unless Rich wants me to PM them to him directly.
        Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I have seen this reported in the past, but so far we are not able to re-create it here on any system. Is this on Windows only? Are any web pages open on nay system when you use Z-Tool? Does it only happen when add device, remove a device, both? Or any other Z-Wave function? What type of device are you adding, and does that matter?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            I have seen this reported in the past, but so far we are not able to re-create it here on any system. Is this on Windows only? Are any web pages open on nay system when you use Z-Tool? Does it only happen when add device, remove a device, both? Or any other Z-Wave function? What type of device are you adding, and does that matter?
            I'm on Windows and added 3 EcoLink z-wave plus door/window sensors. I did not check CPU usage after the first and second one, only after the third and it was high and stayed high until I restarted the z-wave plugin. I have 3 more sensors on the way, so will do some additional troubleshooting when I get those. I've not seen it when removing devices, but typically only remove one device at a time. I may have HS web pages open when I do add them, but typically that would be a static page only and not any others. I never have the z-wave controller management page open on other systems when I use z-tool.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Rich, it looks like @Iveatch has logs that he can PM to you, would that help?

I have a Hometroller Pro and do not have any windows open, just HS3 running and the Homeseer Speaker window open. I personally have just experienced it when adding a z-wave device and so far it hasn’t happened with any other function. It does happen with either with Z-Tool or the HS Web UI, not just Z-Tool. It doesn’t seem to matter what type of device that I am adding, it has happened with HS light switches, dimmers and also Qubino devices.

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I run HS on Linux (ubuntu server 16.04.5 LTS) on VMWare esxi 6.5. I do not have any HS web pages open, however, several HSTouch android tablets/phones. are connected 24x7.

This happens for any z-wave device I add via z-tool+ via my android phone. I have attached screen captures of what occurs when removing a device. I ran two test. First test is where I clicked the remove device and aborted it after 10 prompts to start the exclusion process on the device. The second test is where I removed the device immediately. From the graph for test 2, you can see the z-wave mono cpu drop after the device was removed. However, there was a increase in z-wave cpu afterwards which persisted. During an add, I do not see this short drop in z-wave cpu as you can see from the graphs in my previous post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tempsnip.png Views:	1 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	1293662

I do not have this issue when using HS web interface (chrome on windows). This is the same two tests performing an add of the same z-wave device.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1293675
                Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

What version Z-Wave plugin is this? Also, what type of Z-Wave interface? SmartStick+ or Z-Net?

Originally posted by lveatch View Post

I run HS on Linux (ubuntu server 16.04.5 LTS) on VMWare esxi 6.5. I do not have any HS web pages open, however, several HSTouch android tablets/phones. are connected 24x7.

This happens for any z-wave device I add via z-tool+ via my android phone. I have attached screen captures of what occurs when removing a device. I ran two test. First test is where I clicked the remove device and aborted it after 10 prompts to start the exclusion process on the device. The second test is where I removed the device immediately. From the graph for test 2, you can see the z-wave mono cpu drop after the device was removed. However, there was a increase in z-wave cpu afterwards which persisted. During an add, I do not see this short drop in z-wave cpu as you can see from the graphs in my previous post.

Click image for larger version Name:	tempsnip.png Views:	1 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	1293662

I do not have this issue when using HS web interface (chrome on windows). This is the same two tests performing an add of the same z-wave device.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1293675

Comment

What version Z-Wave plugin is this? Also, what type of Z-Wave interface? SmartStick+ or Z-Net?

Being in IT for 30 years, I tend to patch based on the patch notes and comments in this forum - so I patch a bit later than earlier. This issue, for me, pre-dates these patch levels.

I use a z-net connected via ethernet.
                    Z-NET V2 Configuration - Version 1.0.23

HS info:
                    Current Date/Time: 3/20/2019 12:19:40 PM
                    Linux version: Linux homeseer 4.4.0-141-generic #167-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 5 10:40:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 24 Days 21 Hours 31 Minutes 36 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.1.119
                    Number of Devices: 678
                    Number of Events: 798
                    Available Threads: 600
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 99665
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.43.0: BLLAN
                    3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
                    30.0.0.37: RFXCOM
                    3.0.6.7: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.0.91: weatherXML
                    3.0.1.249: Z-Wave
                    Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

rjh Hi Rich, I've received the 3 devices that I need to add. What would you like me to capture to help troubleshoot this?

Comment

Guys - Rich is working on a big project now and won't be able to put eyes on this for a few months. If restarting the plug-in alleviates the problem, then at least that's a work-around you can use in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          Guys - Rich is working on a big project now and won't be able to put eyes on this for a few months. If restarting the plug-in alleviates the problem, then at least that's a work-around you can use in the meantime.
                          Ok, on that note, I added the three devices using the web interface this time and CPU usage dropped back to normal after each inclusion, including the last one. Last time I used z-tool and the cpu usage stayed high, so in my case this is strictly related to z-tool.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Ok, on that note, I added the three devices using the web interface this time and CPU usage dropped back to normal after each inclusion, including the last one. Last time I used z-tool and the cpu usage stayed high, so in my case this is strictly related to z-tool.
                            I added three locks recently using Z-Tool and encountered the high CPU issue each time. I found that simply opening the Z-Wave Controller Management page (Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management) returned things to sanity. Seems like that might explain your experience as well.

This on Hometroller S6 (Windows 7), running latest released versions.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

I added three locks recently using Z-Tool and encountered the high CPU issue each time. I found that simply opening the Z-Wave Controller Management page (Plugins->Z-Wave->Controller Management) returned things to sanity. Seems like that might explain your experience as well.
                              ​​​​​​I never tried that before. I have the same experience . Nice catch. Run on Linux however.

Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Found this thread, and it's exactly what I still experience!
                                Is nothing done with this bug?

Using Z-tool when adding, my server could increase the speed of the fan after a few minutes.
                                Even just open Z-tool on my Iphone and just do a "node connectivity", will after approximately two minutes raise the CPU usage in the same manner as adding a node.
                                I noticed that the CPU usage for the Z-wave plugin was around 30-50% and would stay there until I disabled/enabled the plugin.

Also checked the tip from post #28 and this also work.
                                It seems that the Z-tool opens a connection or something that does not closes down.

Using HS4 4.1.4 (tested from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5), Z-wave plugin 3.0.2.0
                                Windows 10 pro.
                                There are workaround for this problem, but I would be nice if the bug was taken care of.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X