Cannot Add Homseer Dimmer or Switch using Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Add Homseer Dimmer or Switch using Z-Tool+

I finally got my Homseer SEL and running and the HomeStick+ running.
    I went and downloaded the Z Tool + for my android phone and I ran it. I see that it found my HomeSeer server and everything, so I go and click ADD DEVICE. Once I do that it is begins looking, I start tapping the dimmer button over and over and over. But nothing happens and it does not find anything at all.
    Am I missing something? I went and looked at the manual again to make sure I was doing the pairing correctly.

Z-WAVE INCLUSION Follow this 2-step procedure to add your new HomeSeer switch to your Z-Wave network:
    #1 Put your Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode. Consult your controller manual if you’re unsure how to do this. HomeSeer users: press “Add Device” on your Z-Tool+ mobile app

#2 Tap the paddle of your new HomeSeer switch to begin the inclusion process. This will take a few moments to complete. HomeSeer users: Be sure to name the switch and assign it to a location using Z-Tool+ when inclusion is done

So it looks like I am doing everything properly, but some reason it wont add or find any of my switches or dimmers. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction as I am stuck and confused right now.

Thanks

Are you sure that your dimmer is within range of your z-net controller (Homestick+ in your case)?

Comment

Well I was not totally sure but it was only one floor away (but straight line distance maybe 60' away). But then I tried another switch & dimmer that was on the same floor as the HomeStick+ about 20' away. I would have thought that would have been close enough. But none of the 4 switches I tried did anything.

Comment

Also, try excluding the dimmer first as it still may be associated with a controller that was used for testing in the factory.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman, how do you exclude it?
          ​​​Is that the remove device option on the Z-Tool+ app?
          Can the dimmer or switch be associated with Other smart hub like smart things (did darwinsden for it to work with my smart things hub).

Comment

Yes, with the remove option. Through the web interface it is called “Remove/Exclude a Node”

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks.
              Just tried it and it removed the device instantly and was able to add it.
              So I guess you cannot have the device work on multiple hubs then i.e. HomeSeer and SmartThings?
              Also how do you add the multitap features in the HomeSeer app or is there a link/thread anyone can point me to?

Comment

There are ways to have multiple z-wave controllers control the same devices. One would have to be the primary controller and other secondary controllers. Not all hubs can be set up like that though as the software need to expose that functionality. HS supports it, not sure about the ones you mentioned, but googling secondary z-wave controller along with the hub name may confirm that. I don’t use the HS switches (I use Leviton that I bought years before HS came out with theirs) so can’t help with your other question.

Comment

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post
                  Gotcha. Thanks.
                  Just tried it and it removed the device instantly and was able to add it.
                  So I guess you cannot have the device work on multiple hubs then i.e. HomeSeer and SmartThings?
                  Also how do you add the multitap features in the HomeSeer app or is there a link/thread anyone can point me to?
                  Once you add a Homeseer device it adds two devices, one for load control and one for scene. The scene device is the one that you will use in your events for multi taps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Once you add a Homeseer device it adds two devices, one for load control and one for scene. The scene device is the one that you will use in your events for multi taps.

Thanks The Profit, much appreciated. That helped out a bunch, took a bit but finally figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post

Thanks The Profit, much appreciated. That helped out a bunch, took a bit but finally figured it out.
                      One thing to keep in mind as you are creating your events for the scene device, make sure you use the trigger or condition “This device had it’s value set to” instead of “This device changes and becomes”.

Also, one of the members rprade created a “Event Clinics” thread that is really helpful as well. It’s located under HS3 / HS3PRO Software > HS3 Event Clinic

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                      X