X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSO
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you to find.homeseer.com with a web browser, does your system appear there? If so, can you click on the link to access it?
    Yes it appears, and the link takes me to my HS3.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    If you to find.homeseer.com with a web browser, does your system appear there? If so, can you click on the link to access it?

Originally posted by KSO View Post
    I installed the Z-Tool+ app and it sees my HS3 server, but a message appears that "Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)"
    I have the Enable control using JSON, checked.
    I am using .206 and Z-Wave 3.1.37

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    Z-Tool+ Can not connect

I installed the Z-Tool+ app and it sees my HS3 server, but a message appears that "Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host)"
    I have the Enable control using JSON, checked.
    I am using .206 and Z-Wave 3.1.37

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The problem with that is that the Z-Wave interface (in this case the Z-Net or USB interface) has to be very close to the device you are detecting because the node information frame does not route. So if I added the ability to get the node info it most likely would only work for devices close to the controller, not ideal.

If you have a Z-Troller, you can add it as a secondary controller to your HS system and then carry that around to get the node #'s. Just remember to power it off when you are not using it.

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
    After it had been added, going back into a large system and discovering each switch's node number.

i know I can use a Z-Troller, but using the cell phone would be great.

Leave a comment:

• DESIi1
    replied
    Node Number

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Do you mean when a device is added, or after its added?
    After it had been added, going back into a large system and discovering each switch's node number.

i know I can use a Z-Troller, but using the cell phone would be great.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Do you mean when a device is added, or after its added?

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
    Could a way to get the node number be added?

Leave a comment:

• DESIi1
    replied
    A way to get the node number

Could a way to get the node number be added?

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    We are going to add this to the tool, its on the todo list, I don't have a time frame yet though, but soon. It will also have a config option for the system IP address for those users on a private network.

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
    Mark, any update on the ability to optimize a single node using this tool?

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by Sireone View Post

You can do this from an iPad, laptop or even an iPhone at a pinch from the standard web UI. I have done this many many times and in fact most of my devices were added from the web UI on a mobile device. Sure it's not quite as slick as the dedicated app, but it's functional.

Leave a comment:

• Sireone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sireone
    replied
    Originally posted by mwaite View Post
    It would be equally awesome if you could manage the device you just added. Like being able to re-define location, location2, and rename the devices.
    In addition, it would be nice if we could scan/optimize/full optimize a single device. I just added a zwave water sensor on a boat. It didn't properly discover the neighbors/association so now I want to rescan and optimize it. If I bring the device close to the Z-Net/HS web interface, I can do these things, but won't discover the neighbors near the boat required for proper communication. I need to perform this AT the boat. If I run Optimize Full from Z-Tool+, the sensor doesn't stay awake long enough for the scan to reach it.

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    Great, thanks for the update .

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by jpape View Post
    Mark, Any news on the above?
    It'll be in the next update.

Leave a comment:

• Paul32
    replied
    Originally posted by jpape View Post
    For me it worked again after a restart, but that's not realy Optimize

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X