• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul32
    replied
    HELP no power readings after Optimize

Hello,

I have used the Optimize function in the app.
    According the log it is gnoe Well.
    But al the power / energy watts are 0 after that and doesn't change Andy more!M
    What To do?

Thans Paul

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by jpape View Post
    I would appreciate it if the IP could be made configurable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    I would appreciate it if the IP could be made configurable.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Apple still has not approved the new version. They are really slow right now approving apps, up to 2 weeks. When I get the approval notice, I will post back here.
    V 1.3 is in the IOS app store now.

Leave a comment:

• vasrc
    replied
    Do you have more than one network interface on your HS PC? I will have to take a look at the code to see how its picking an interface, but as a test, can you disable the other interfaces and see if the find then works.

When you go to the about page in HS, what IP address does it display? And is this correct IP address that HS is listening on?

However, even if that IP was wrong, you would see an entry when you went to find.homeseer.com. If no system is being displayed then the problem is that the WAN IP that find.homeseer.com sees is not the same as the WAN IP that is presented when HS goes to find.homeseer.com to register your system. I am not sure why they would not match. I guess if a proxy is involved that might explain it. Are you doing something that routes HS and the browser through different connections?

The idea here is that the tool is super simple to use, but if you have a complex network setup it can be fooled. I can add a setup entry so you can add the IP of your HS system. I should also add a user/pass entry for those systems that are more locked down.
    - Only one network interface on the HS3 box.
    - About shows 192.168.1.79 which is accurate
    - Ahh... That would explain how you find it, if you're assuming everything on the LAN is on the same IP address and just NATted..
    Most of our devices have their own IPV4 address, so if I'm on the Iphone, or Office desktop, it's going to be their WAN IP you see, NOT the HS3 IP, since it has it's own IP address, and Domain name as well (hs.xxxx.com).

- That option would be perfect (manual IP AND user/pass).

Z

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Do you have more than one network interface on your HS PC? I will have to take a look at the code to see how its picking an interface, but as a test, can you disable the other interfaces and see if the find then works.

When you go to the about page in HS, what IP address does it display? And is this correct IP address that HS is listening on?

However, even if that IP was wrong, you would see an entry when you went to find.homeseer.com. If no system is being displayed then the problem is that the WAN IP that find.homeseer.com sees is not the same as the WAN IP that is presented when HS goes to find.homeseer.com to register your system. I am not sure why they would not match. I guess if a proxy is involved that might explain it. Are you doing something that routes HS and the browser through different connections?

The idea here is that the tool is super simple to use, but if you have a complex network setup it can be fooled. I can add a setup entry so you can add the IP of your HS system. I should also add a user/pass entry for those systems that are more locked down.

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    Agreed, nice and simple, and probably an easy fix.

Still curious how find.homeseer.com actually works though. Which system call? If something like getHostEntry you still need the host name. There's got to be a port or service being checked, otherwise how does it know which of the systems on the LAN contains the HS3 box..

Z

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Correct, windows phone and Android have the new version with the diagnostics. As of this post, Apple still has not approved the new version. They are really slow right now approving apps, up to 2 weeks. When I get the approval notice, I will post back here.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    On iOS that's it until Apple blesses the enhanced version, which hopefully will be in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I have downloaded app to my iPad and have all the requirements for it to work , but when I deploy Ztool I only get 2 option. "Add device" and "Remove Device". Is that the only option I should see? I can see the IP in the top portion of the app.

On iOS that's it until Apple blesses the enhanced version, which hopefully will be in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Did you check:

* Make sure JSON is enabled in the HS setup network tab
    * Make sure "No password required for local subnet" is enabled in HS setup Network tab
    * Make sure you are running HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later and the latest Z-Wave plugin in the updater.
    I have downloaded app to my iPad and have all the requirements for it to work , but when I deploy Ztool I only get 2 option. "Add device" and "Remove Device". Is that the only option I should see? I can see the IP in the top portion of the app.

Leave a comment:

• vasrc
    replied
    Originally posted by jpape View Post
    Can I make a suggestion to have an option to set the value of our Homeseer IP in the Z-Tools configuration? It seems find.homeseer.com does not see my Homeseer installation but does see my installed Z-Net.
    Agreed, nice and simple, and probably an easy fix.

Still curious how find.homeseer.com actually works though. Which system call? If something like getHostEntry you still need the host name. There's got to be a port or service being checked, otherwise how does it know which of the systems on the LAN contains the HS3 box..

Z

Leave a comment:

• jpape
    replied
    Can I make a suggestion to have an option to set the value of our Homeseer IP in the Z-Tools configuration? It seems find.homeseer.com does not see my Homeseer installation but does see my installed Z-Net.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Did you check:

* Make sure JSON is enabled in the HS setup network tab
    * Make sure "No password required for local subnet" is enabled in HS setup Network tab
    * Make sure you are running HS3 version 3.0.0.194 or later and the latest Z-Wave plugin in the updater.

Originally posted by Askewj View Post
    I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    It just makes a system call to find the PC local IP address. Go to the about screen in HS and it will display the IP address that it thinks HS is on, that will be the same IP address that find.homeseer uses.

The local IP is also displayed in the log when you start HS. I suspect your network setup is confusing our method for determining the local IP. Also, the WAN address from the find.homeseer call must match the WAN address that the is on the find.homeseer web page call. If those addresses do not match, it will not display anything (as it does not know who the request is from).

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    OK, I Wiresharked it and:
    I see the HTTP query go out to find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/default.aspx (209.239.115.225)
    The query contains a cookie with my HS3 license
    The response includes the table header, but there's no link/data returned.

Exactly how does find.homeseer.com determine/return the IP address/Computer name of my HS3 system? Something in my LAN setup seems to be blocking those requests.

Z

BTW, our LAN has a domain, but the HS3 server is NOT part of the domain, albeit on the same LAN.

Leave a comment:

• Askewj
    replied
    Z-TOOL+

I contacted the helpdesk and they said I should go here. I downloaded the app on my phone,and I see my homeseer,I select it and i get a 404 error code . I removed and reinstalled the app ,same thing. I am on my wifi and I have a strong signal. What is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X