X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromark
    replied
    Z-Tool+ IOS is Live

You can download the IOS version now. Of course, it's the older version. We're submitting the update today. That will likely take another 2 weeks or more to clear.

Leave a comment:

• bartbakels
    replied
    Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
    dear all,

I have also problems with the app on android. on startup I get this message:

Code:
    error getinterfaceslist

unexpected character encountered while parsing value: b. path ",line 0, position 0.
    I have local login enabled, jso enabled and tried the zwave2.db renaming. still no luck

When i select one of the functions of the app, i get object reference is not set to an instance of the object

I am on 1.94 and the latest zwave .25

regards

Bart
    anyone else having these issues?

Leave a comment:

• DESIi1
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Also, the network optimize function automatically skips battery operated devices. As such, you'll still need to use the web GUI to accomplish this on your phone.
    If you are using a ZEE S2 near a non NWI or battery device you can use Teamviewer on the phone and computer to remotely mouse click on the computer's GUI to remove or add a device. It is a bit tedious but gets the job done. Teamviewer is free for personal use.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    I was trying to optimize a battery module today from this tool. But it only optimized the wired modules. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe not possible at this moment.

In that case feature request would be do choose node you want to optimize or want to manually add route for
    Z-Tool+ only uses the commands on the actions menu from the controller management screen. Since there's no command on the menu to optimize and individual device, Z-Tool+ can't do that. Also, the network optimize function automatically skips battery operated devices. As such, you'll still need to use the web GUI to accomplish this on your phone.

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Did you wake the device up just before optimizing?

If you want to manually add a route I would think that would be easier from the node info page in a browser.
    Yes i did. I was holding the device in my hand with the phone in the other. tried it on several devices but it didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    I was trying to optimize a battery module today from this tool. But it only optimized the wired modules. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe not possible at this moment.

In that case feature request would be do choose node you want to optimize or want to manually add route for
    Did you wake the device up just before optimizing?

If you want to manually add a route I would think that would be easier from the node info page in a browser.

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    just saw you guys added optimize and some other options! you rock! thanks

Leave a comment:

• bartbakels
    replied
    dear all,

I have also problems with the app on android. on startup I get this message:

Code:
    error getinterfaceslist

unexpected character encountered while parsing value: b. path ",line 0, position 0.
    I have local login enabled, jso enabaled and tried the zwave2.db renaming. still no luck

When i slect one of the functions of the app, i get object reference ius not set to an instance of the object

I am on 1.94 and the latest zwave .25

regards

Bart

Leave a comment:

• Richel
    replied
    Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I have similar issues....
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I was having an issue with Z-Wave missing functions for my Z-Wave lock in an event. Sparkman suggested a fix:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...04&postcount=4

Curiously, the second option ("stop the z-wave plugin and rename the z-wave2.db file in the data\z-wave directory to something else and then restart the plugin") not only fixed my missing Z-wave functions, but also seemed to have fixed my problem with the Z-Tool+, which works now.

Just thought I would throw that out as something to try.

Elliott

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Mark,
    Is it normal that it takes this long for Apple to approve the new app?
    The Android and Microsoft approval processes are automated. Apple appears to have a manual process. So yea... it can take weeks.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Mark,
    Is it normal that it takes this long for Apple to approve the new app?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I use my iPad mostly (iPhone and Laptop occasionally) and I guess those steps have become 2nd nature.
    If you're adding the occasional device to your network, it's not a huge deal to use the web GUI on a phone. However, if you're doing a whole house, it's downright PAINFUL! Z-Tool+ simplifies the process greatly.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    We did this for phone users since that's where the market is heading. To answer your question, this is why this is a big deal:

HS3 Web Interface inclusion method
    1. Click to Open Your Browser
    2. Click Your Bookmark to Open HS3 Web Interface
    3. Click Plug-ins
    4. Click Z-Wave
    5. Click Controller Management
    6. Click to expand the Z-Wave interface section
    7. Click the Actions menu
    8. Click Add/Include a Node
    9. Click Start

Note that I only included the clicks and didn't include all the pinching, zooming and scrolling needed for this either!

Z-Tool+ inclusion method
    1. Click to Launch Z-Tool+
    2. Click Add Device

If you're not using a phone to set up your network, you're probably not going to care about Z-Tool+. if you are though... this is a game changer!
    I use my iPad mostly (iPhone and Laptop occasionally) and I guess those steps have become 2nd nature. I was hoping you were going to say it's a pre-cursor to a whole new mobile HST UI, but I understand that you might not want to be drawn in to that conversation.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    All of this is available from a tablet, laptop (or phone at a pinch) and always has been. Not sure why the big deal around a stand-alone app for this, unless it's using a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch.
    We did this for phone users since that's where the market is heading. To answer your question, this is why this is a big deal:

HS3 Web Interface inclusion method
    1. Click to Open Your Browser
    2. Click Your Bookmark to Open HS3 Web Interface
    3. Click Plug-ins
    4. Click Z-Wave
    5. Click Controller Management
    6. Click to expand the Z-Wave interface section
    7. Click the Actions menu
    8. Click Add/Include a Node
    9. Click Start

Note that I only included the clicks and didn't include all the pinching, zooming and scrolling needed for this either!

Z-Tool+ inclusion method
    1. Click to Launch Z-Tool+
    2. Click Add Device

If you're not using a phone to set up your network, you're probably not going to care about Z-Tool+. if you are though... this is a game changer!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X