No announcement yet.

Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have more than one network interface on your HS PC? I will have to take a look at the code to see how its picking an interface, but as a test, can you disable the other interfaces and see if the find then works.

When you go to the about page in HS, what IP address does it display? And is this correct IP address that HS is listening on?

However, even if that IP was wrong, you would see an entry when you went to find.homeseer.com. If no system is being displayed then the problem is that the WAN IP that find.homeseer.com sees is not the same as the WAN IP that is presented when HS goes to find.homeseer.com to register your system. I am not sure why they would not match. I guess if a proxy is involved that might explain it. Are you doing something that routes HS and the browser through different connections?

The idea here is that the tool is super simple to use, but if you have a complex network setup it can be fooled. I can add a setup entry so you can add the IP of your HS system. I should also add a user/pass entry for those systems that are more locked down.

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
    Agreed, nice and simple, and probably an easy fix.

Still curious how find.homeseer.com actually works though. Which system call? If something like getHostEntry you still need the host name. There's got to be a port or service being checked, otherwise how does it know which of the systems on the LAN contains the HS3 box..

Z
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Do you have more than one network interface on your HS PC? I will have to take a look at the code to see how its picking an interface, but as a test, can you disable the other interfaces and see if the find then works.

When you go to the about page in HS, what IP address does it display? And is this correct IP address that HS is listening on?

However, even if that IP was wrong, you would see an entry when you went to find.homeseer.com. If no system is being displayed then the problem is that the WAN IP that find.homeseer.com sees is not the same as the WAN IP that is presented when HS goes to find.homeseer.com to register your system. I am not sure why they would not match. I guess if a proxy is involved that might explain it. Are you doing something that routes HS and the browser through different connections?

The idea here is that the tool is super simple to use, but if you have a complex network setup it can be fooled. I can add a setup entry so you can add the IP of your HS system. I should also add a user/pass entry for those systems that are more locked down.
      - Only one network interface on the HS3 box.
      - About shows 192.168.1.79 which is accurate
      - Ahh... That would explain how you find it, if you're assuming everything on the LAN is on the same IP address and just NATted..
      Most of our devices have their own IPV4 address, so if I'm on the Iphone, or Office desktop, it's going to be their WAN IP you see, NOT the HS3 IP, since it has it's own IP address, and Domain name as well (hs.xxxx.com).

- That option would be perfect (manual IP AND user/pass).

Z

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Apple still has not approved the new version. They are really slow right now approving apps, up to 2 weeks. When I get the approval notice, I will post back here.
        V 1.3 is in the IOS app store now.

Comment

I would appreciate it if the IP could be made configurable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
            I would appreciate it if the IP could be made configurable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              Right.. you mentioned that 7 posts ago. We get it! Makes sense. We'll check into it.
              Thanks

Comment

HELP no power readings after Optimize

Hello,

I have used the Optimize function in the app.
                According the log it is gnoe Well.
                But al the power / energy watts are 0 after that and doesn't change Andy more!M
                What To do?

Thans Paul

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Mark, Any news on the above?

Comment

For me it worked again after a restart, but that's not realy Optimize

Comment

It'll be in the next update.

Comment

Great, thanks for the update .

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                          It would be equally awesome if you could manage the device you just added. Like being able to re-define location, location2, and rename the devices.
                          In addition, it would be nice if we could scan/optimize/full optimize a single device. I just added a zwave water sensor on a boat. It didn't properly discover the neighbors/association so now I want to rescan and optimize it. If I bring the device close to the Z-Net/HS web interface, I can do these things, but won't discover the neighbors near the boat required for proper communication. I need to perform this AT the boat. If I run Optimize Full from Z-Tool+, the sensor doesn't stay awake long enough for the scan to reach it.

Comment

Mark, any update on the ability to optimize a single node using this tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post

You can do this from an iPad, laptop or even an iPhone at a pinch from the standard web UI. I have done this many many times and in fact most of my devices were added from the web UI on a mobile device. Sure it's not quite as slick as the dedicated app, but it's functional.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

We are going to add this to the tool, its on the todo list, I don't have a time frame yet though, but soon. It will also have a config option for the system IP address for those users on a private network.

Originally posted by Sireone View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X