Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmasonjr
    replied
    With all the web frameworks out there (jQuery, bootstrap, etc.) I wonder why you need a native app? Maybe they need some low-level networking access or something?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    All of this is available from a tablet, laptop (or phone at a pinch) and always has been. Not sure why the big deal around a stand-alone app for this, unless it's using a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch.
    Agreed, but it is much easier than trying to make the Controller Management web page big enough to control from a phone, then shrinking it and dragging it so you can see the progress verbiage. Even if it is only an app and not specifically "a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch". I've used the app and I've used my phone - the app is much easier.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    The new version includes these functions:
    • Add Unsecure
    • Node Connectivity
    • Optimize
    • Optimize Full

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175876
    All of this is available from a tablet, laptop (or phone at a pinch) and always has been. Not sure why the big deal around a stand-alone app for this, unless it's using a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied

• Add Unsecure
    • Node Connectivity
    • Optimize
    • Optimize Full

Mark,
    Thank you for the update. Look forward to an app to simplify the add / remove process. Probably the feature that I miss most after upgrading from the old HomeTroller...

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Version 1.2 is Available for Android

• Add Unsecure
    • Node Connectivity
    • Optimize
    • Optimize Full

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
    I do have local login bypass disabled. When I checked it, the app started working. But I don't like having that checked. My kids could come across the server from their devices and wreak havoc, let alone guest on my wifi (network isolation not withstanding) or hackers. So, will the app be updated to support authenticated logins? (I wish there were a setting to bypass auth when it is the local system, not allowing the whole subnet.)

Scott

I don't have the app yet, since it seems to be unavailable for iOS for now. If the requirements to bypass login are true, I'm not sure if I even want to use the app at all. Very insecure. Should support encrypted authentication, at least. Then again, HS3Touch should too, and not saved in settings. Taking advantage of a fingerprint login would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• sbueffel
    replied
    I do have local login bypass disabled. When I checked it, the app started working. But I don't like having that checked. My kids could come across the server from their devices and wreak havoc, let alone guest on my wifi (network isolation not withstanding) or hackers. So, will the app be updated to support authenticated logins? (I wish there were a setting to bypass auth when it is the local system, not allowing the whole subnet.)

Scott

Leave a comment:

• sbueffel
    replied
    Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
    Is there something else I should be checking or doing? HS-specific logs to check?
    Scott
    I just found the post about the three reasons the error may occur. I will check those. Sorry I missed that post when I posted this.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• sbueffel
    replied
    Getting 401 error, too

I, too, am getting the 401 response. I am running 3.0.0.194 with plugin 3.0.1.23. JSON is enabled (looks to be the default setting since I didn't explicitly check it). Web server is not bound to any IP address, on TCP 80. Is there something else I should be checking or doing? HS-specific logs to check? The app does see my server based on the host name and IP address at the top.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• TechFan
    replied
    Looking forward to apple approving it so I can try it.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Microsoft certainly seems to be changing direction on Windows Phone: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ff-smartphones
    Yes. Hopefully a narrower band of phones can make the team focus on what matters, instead of the old Nokia-approach: "We'll flood the marked with phones".

Nevertheless, we'll soldier on.
    Great! I'll keep checking the Windows Store(s) for HomeSeer products!

But seriously: I think Windows Mobile still can make it big IF Microsoft manages to "pull an Apple", and by that I mean make a (few) fantastic phones with awesome, new features. This may still happen. Microsofts ecosystem is too big not to have native phones (and if you read the letter mr. Nadella recently wrote to MS employees about the Nokia writeoff, you can see that he agrees).

However, if Windows Mobile fails now (within the next year or two), it might be too late, and Windows Mobile will join the ranks of e.g. Blackberry.

But I'm getting seriously off topic: I love that the Z-tool+ is available for Windows Phone. I'm looking forward to use it the next time I have to add a node to the network!

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Microsoft certainly seems to be changing direction on Windows Phone: http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ff-smartphones

Nevertheless, we'll soldier on.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Sadly, things are not looking too good for Windows Phone these days: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...loud-strategy/

Fortunately, out Z-Tool+ doesn't require extra coding for the Windows Phone version.
    Oh, please do not listen to Forbes here. We all know that that article is pure speculating. Windows Phone/Mobile has been doomed by various "journalists" since 2003.

Microsofts new strategy is "we are present anywhere", so iOS and Android is a natural move. However, at the moment, the apk is pretty lacking compared to Windows and Windows 10 Mobile, but I'm guessing that will change over time.

What YOU should be thinking is: How fast and how good can we make a HomeSeer/HStouch Universal app?!

If you haven't seen the signs already, the short version is this: Microsoft want you to use it's products and services everywhere! With Universal apps you can have a great app on Windows 10, Xbox One, Windows Mobile, Windows IoT and propably every other form of Windows that Microsoft will give us.

I think Microsoft have done something that is pure genious with Windows Phone in general, and Continuum is awesome: One device that can handle everything! And why shouldn't it also be able to handle my house? After all, it's not rocket science.

... and with Visual Studio 2015 it will even be easier to use the same code for all mobile OSes.

I think HomeSeer (or "HStouch 3+" ??) is way overdue for a Windows app.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    LOL. I meant the z-troller
    The only system it sees is my RPI2 system. Both running same HS3 version but I am running a Razberry card in RPI2 for zwave
    An update to Z-Tool+ will be released soon to fix systems with multiple interfaces.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Yes, it will also work in a crib and a playpen!
    LOL. I meant the z-troller
    The only system it sees is my RPI2 system. Both running same HS3 version but I am running a Razberry card in RPI2 for zwave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X