Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooty
    replied
    Might be worth mentioning here that JSON control needs to be enabled for the app to work. I got a rather uninformative message from the app with JSON disabled.

I agree with Raptor. It really isn't good that anyone with the app installed and connected to my WiFi can play with my Z-wave network.

Paul..

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Android and Windows Phone Apps Approved

The Android app is already in the Google Play store and the Windows Phone app will be in their store within the next 24 hours. FYI

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.ztool&hl=en

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Not available for iOS. Can't find anything in iTunes app store
    submitted to Apple today.

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
    I have to wait for Apple to see what it really does.

But it would be nice if in addition to Add and Exclude, it would Optimize and Full Optimize a device since with battery powered devices you often need to be at the device doing something to Wake It Up to get Opt and Full Opt to work.
    We're looking into adding and "advanced feature" function for this and other features.

Leave a comment:

• clay2young
    replied
    Optimize and Full Optimize?

I have to wait for Apple to see what it really does.

But it would be nice if in addition to Add and Exclude, it would Optimize and Full Optimize a device since with battery powered devices you often need to be at the device doing something to Wake It Up to get Opt and Full Opt to work.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    In the announcement Mark said it was submitted but will take a couple of weeks before Apple gets it up in the store. It's the Apple way
    Thanks, Randy. Must have missed that. I actually found out from the z-wave plugin update notes

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    In the announcement Mark said it was submitted but will take a couple of weeks before Apple gets it up in the store. It's the Apple way

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
    cant find it in the google playstore on my one+one, is the apk also available somewhere?

Thanks
    It is Here.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor
    replied
    yes, its free and seems to work with homeseer not a specific zwave interface which is nice.

Some feedback from playing with it last night,

it really needs some security, anyone on my wifi could remove my devices.... that is an issue.

also i would love a send info to remotes button and some of the other zwave actions you can do from the interface menu.

Leave a comment:

• VirtualPanther
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bartbakels
    replied
    cant find it in the google playstore on my one+one, is the apk also available somewhere?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sirmeili
    replied
    Question, Is this Add a secure node, or add a non-secure mode? I assume it is secure. Either way, would it be possible to add an option to choose which way you want to add a node (secure/non-secure)?

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    replied
    This is a great tool! But there is one part that would really help along that would be perfect in this tool. and that would be to:

Optimize a Network, No Return Route Changes

And

Fully Optimize a Network

This would help a lot when you have added battery driven devices that most of the time needs to be awake on the spot. Then i would not have to carry around the laptop

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    IF Possible, I would wish for the feature to identify nodes. The older unit you could scan and when you pressed the device, the display would indicate node number

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Wow This is great.

It works just as expected and makes adding and removing nodes much easier.

Excellent work guys Keep it up.

Are there an more features in the pipeline as I struggle with rescans on battery devices from remote locations and doing this from my phone would be great to.

Greig.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by seerbeliever View Post
    I understand that this interface puts the z-wave device add function in a smart phone app, but does it eliminate the need for the z-wave interface to be in close proximity of the device being added. Please explain z-tool+ functionality in terms of pervious generation z-wave devices vs new 500 series z-wave devices.
    Here's what it does (in a nutshell):
    it accesses the built-in add/delete/name functions of HS3 without the need to use the web interface. That's it! In fact, if you open the controller management part of HS3, with the green log window showing, and you click add or delete in Z-Tool+, you'll see the green log window update along with the Z-Tool+ log.

It just make life a little easier. It won't change how the protocol works, however. If you're adding or deleting a device and it's older or too far away, you'll still need to move the interface or controller closer to the device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X