No announcement yet.

Session 1 - Thursday, December 17th at 8:30PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad everybody appeared to enjoy the session last night - it was a good "first" run - we learned a bit for sure. Thank you to everybody who asked such good questions! One of the things I learned is to not assume that Rich is recording the session because he was not, and I did not have the record option showing so I did not. Doh!

No worries - while we are not able to capture all of the additional questions asked, I will at least go through the questions that were asked ahead of time that I set up to show using HomeSeer and will record that and post it here. I will do that the first part of next week.

I will close this thread now and as soon as we set a date for the next one, I will create a new thread.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Session 1 Videos

For those of you who missed the first session, I have re-recorded the session answering the questions that were asked ahead of time in the forum thread.

I have two links for you now - one is for the entire 40 minute session and all of the questions, and the other is for the first question which has been produced into a single YouTube video and posted to the HomeSeerOfficial YouTube channel.

Here is the full session link

There is a problem with the codec used to record the session and so on some systems you will not get video when the movie starts, but if you download the entire movie (40MB) and then skip forward and back after it starts playing, then your video will sync up and you will see it.

Now in post production when chopping this up into smaller videos, we were able to convert it using a codec that eliminated that problem, so you *may* want to go the YouTube route because A) you can view just the segments you want and B) you can avoid the video codec problem.

If that is your cup of tea, then here is the link to the YouTube video of the first "How To" dealing with the trigger type "Manual with Conditions" and how to use it.

I will post the other YouTube links as they are completed.

With this post, I am re-opening this thread for people who have viewed the video to ask questions about the topics covered in the session only - if you want to pose a question for the next session, please wait until we schedule that and get the thread created for session 2.
      Regards,

Comment

Session 1 Video 2 - Log Colors

Here is the second video at the HomeSeerOfficial YouTube channel covering Enhancing the Log with Colors and CSS Styles
        Regards,

Comment

Thanks for posting the session.

I cannot get it to play on my mac or windows box. Do I have to install a codec or gotomeeting first?

-Tim
          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
          Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

The specific codec required can be downloaded here.
            Last edited by Rupp; January 5, 2010, 11:47 AM.
            Jon

Comment

Session 1 Video 3 - Delayed Device Actions

Here is the 3rd video segment - Delayed Device Actions from the HomeSeerOfficial YouTube channel.
              Regards,

Comment

Session 1 Video 3 - And/Or Logic in Events

Here is a 3rd video from the first segment - using AND and ORs on event conditions:
                Regards,

Comment

Session 1 Video 4 - Using Temperature to Trigger Events

The 4th video from the first session talks about device value triggers, or specifically triggering on temperatures - exact, greater than, or ranges. The video also discussed the different properties or "parts" of a HomeSeer device - the status, the string, and the value.
                  Regards,

Comment

Working...
                  X