Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this seminar recorded and will you post the files?

Thank you!
    DJ

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but locking to the bg didn't work :-(

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
        Thanks for the tip, but locking to the bg didn't work :-(
        http://[loginname]:[password]@192.168.0.253:[port]/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Precision&Language=0

Don't forget the http:// in front of it...
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

How can i view the video of this webcast? Thanks

-Tom-
          -Tom-

Comment

[HS UPDATE: Ranges are not supported, but I have logged it as a feature request]

Rick,

During the webinar, I asked if it was possible to use status image tracking (matchvalue) with a range of values. I think you responded to use "..." to specifiy a range. This doesn't seem to work for me. I'd like to be able to include a range of values (e.g., something like 1...5 or even 1...5,7,9,15...20) so the same image doesn't have to be added multiple times, once per value.

Please see attached image. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
            Don
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
              http://[loginname]:[password]@192.168.0.253:[port]/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Precision&Language=0

Don't forget the http:// in front of it...
              Tried that (and a bit further along the string before the IP address) but still nada. This is with Panasonic IP cameras.

Comment

OK, so the problem might be me putting it in the ImageURLNormal field, as opposed to the ImageNormal field. When I put it in the latter, the image appears, but does not appear to stream when I deploy it to the PC client. When I deploy to the iPhone client, it doesn't appear at all.

Comment

[HS UPDATE: I have logged this as a feature request]

Don, Rick,

I haven't seen the webcast (waiting for recording ;-) but using a RANGE to match a value would be GREAT! It's something that I've been waiting for!

Does it work and how? (+is this added in a specific release?)

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
                    Tried that (and a bit further along the string before the IP address) but still nada. This is with Panasonic IP cameras.
                    Will the Iphone do that resolution?

It may pick up image where you can scan around it though so it may not matter.

Just for kicks you might load safari and go to the url with it and make sure it works ok without some of the IE things.

On my cameras I had to do that and then copied the url from Safari. But then again my PVR won't take the userid/password in the url either so that has to be manually entered. May be a work around, just haven't found it yet.

Comment

I figured that as the image was 'stretched' the resolution was fairly redundant. Either way, I tried something that would fit, but it didn't make any difference...thanks anyway.

Comment

One thing I noticed with the iPhone client vs the Designer is that once I lock an image to the background, I cannot see it in the Designer preview but it does (usually) show up once deployed to the iPhone client/app.

There does seem to be a good bit of fiddling with any given image source for it to show up though. The way I presume things to work is the HSTouch Server goes out to whatever URL and retrieves the image, then pushes the image to the client(s). So, if you can open the image up on your homeseer server in a browser it should work (in theory).

Wish I knew the magic combo that would help others but it seems some amount of experimentation is often necessary.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
                          How can i view the video of this webcast? Thanks

-Tom-
                          Ditto.
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

The video for the 4th "How To" webinar can be viewed or downloaded using this link. Please join us for our next webinar on HSPhone next week.
                            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                            X