This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dataprobe iBoot Web Power Switch

Both Local (WiFi) and Remote (Server) APIs are supported.
    Dataprobe iBoot Web Power Switch
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Single-Outlet-bg.png Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	1624680 ​​
    Dataprobe Power Distribution Units (PDUs)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Intelligent-PDU-bg.png Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	1624681
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dataprobe.png
Views:	82
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1624730

Thanks to monument some important info:
    Critical (and in hindsight obvious) setup info for Dataprobe iBoot-PDU8-N15
    New users with a Dataprobe PDU will likely add a new user for use with the AK Web IO plug in, and understanding the following might save some confusion. The AK Web IO plug in for HS4 works wonderfully, as does the Dataprobe PDU, but needs proper setup.

Log in to the Dataprobe management console via device’s IP address in a browser.
    You will see the nav bar on left. Dashboard looks like this:

Name:	AKWebIO dataprobe 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1625254
    To add a user, navigate via Management à Users and click on the Add Users button.
    Add info as needed in form.

Name:	AKWebIO dataprobe 2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1625255
    IMPORTANT: note the round blue OUTLET icon. You must open this and select the outlets which the new user will have access to. Merely choosing administrator rights DOES NOT enable all outlets.

Name:	AKWebIO dataprobe 3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1625256
    You can also access this Outlets page after the user is created – it is available for each user on the Management -> Users screen.

If set up correctly, on the dashboard you will see GREEN outlets, and be able to control them via the Dataprobe console.
    If outlets are not enabled, they will show as GREY on the Dashboard page of the Dataprobe console.

Comment

monument any feedback so far?​

Comment

iBoot (G2 and G2S) Local API - ver 4.0.5.19 (BETA)

Comment

Hi Alex -- so sorry i went dark on you. been off on other missions this summer.....
          lemme attack this weekend. hard to give you limited direct access - this unit is at a second (mostly winter) home which uses Starlink and i haven't figured out how to punch holes thru the carrier grade NAT. but i can access so will configure and test... also i'm gonna try zero tier there and that might provide good access.

sorry for the delay and thanks so much for the work. i'll get on it. -mike

Comment

Hi Mike, do you have any issues with the integration?

Comment

well, partial success. i was able to create the devices easily. i love the interface and it worked flawlessly.
              however, control doesn't seem to be working.....
              troubleshoot is a challenge given i'm remote, and need to be careful not to disable power to something critical :-)
              but here's what i know so far:

a) device page after install is shown below -- looks good !

b) control to "IP Rack", which is the WebPro Switch, seems to work fine still
              c) i did see some random timeout errors in log for the WebPro switch -- may or may not be relevant

d) control to "Russound Rack", which is new 8-outlet DataProbe, doesn't seem to function. At least it doesn't change the HS4 device status.
              e) i turned on logging and pasted a bit below -- didn't see any Posts show up after i toggled power....
              f) direct control of the DataProbe 8-outlet seems weird, but i have little experience with it. so flagging that it COULD be a switch issue, not your software....

g) control to the iBoot G2S seem to work, though i've only tried on the unused port because i don't want to cycle power on PCs while remote
              h) interestingly, when i try to log in directly to iBoot G2S it says it's "in use". Perhaps your connection blocks it?
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	1623910

i'll keep playing but wanted to provide status. seems like we're close. again appreciate all the help. -m

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	167.5 KB ID:	1623908
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	1623909

Comment

The screenshot of log is useless, please EXPORT HS log to file (Filter by plugin - FROM FILTER).

Comment

attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Mike, there's nothing wrong in the log. Please set Log to Trace, so it shows the reply.

And possibly try to concentrate on single issue at a time. I.e. send the control command and copy the log for this command only.

Comment

Hey Alex -- sorry that my replies are less than timely. Been traveling and only get to this periodically.
                      i'll attack it again this w/e and try to get you some helpful data.
                      -m

Comment

well, actually didn't need logs for this one... embarrassing to say, but just user error: turns out that you need to explicitly authorize access to each outlet after you create a new admin user. i guess i assumed giving admin rights would include that -- but doesn't.
                        Good news -- once i set it up correctly, your PI works great. At least in limited testing -- still remote and can't really play too much.

Anyway, we're 100% good for now! Appreciate the help and apologies for the misdirection. -mike

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
                          well, actually didn't need logs for this one... embarrassing to say, but just user error: turns out that you need to explicitly authorize access to each outlet after you create a new admin user. i guess i assumed giving admin rights would include that -- but doesn't.
                          Good news -- once i set it up correctly, your PI works great. At least in limited testing -- still remote and can't really play too much.

Anyway, we're 100% good for now! Appreciate the help and apologies for the misdirection. -mike
                          Hi Mike, if you can write exact instructions what you had to do - I can add them in main thread for other users.

Comment

here's a shot at it Alex. feel free to use/modify/etc as desired. it's one of those "duh, of course" things which is obvious in hindsight but can be missed in the moment.
                            and thanks again for all you do to make HS better for everyone. -m
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike, looks good, just the screenshots are a bit too small (unreadable), can you please make them bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X