WeMos D1 WiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeMos D1 WiFi

I picked up a few of these boards on the cheap and was just wondering is they can be used in Homeseer. I tried loading a NodeMCU sketch to the board using the WeMos D1 R2 & mini but the board keeps disconnecting from the WiFi. Also tried the NodeMCU 1.0 and the same thing. It's not an urgent issue as I'm running NodeMCU's in my system that are humming with no issues. Just curious if I wasted my money or not. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1452963

I have been using them for quite a while now but the pinout seems a bit different and has less pins that work than the arduino (i have included my notes)
    i have had best luck with arduino 1.8.13 and you have to install the esp boards
    I just picked up some Arduino Nano 33 iot boards and if i get them working i will start using them instead as they seem really nice and at $18ea with built in WiFi and bluetooth without any pin loss is amazing

Here are the settings i use
    WeMos D1 R2 (Arduino 1.8.13)
    Set up your chip as:
    Tools -> Board -> LOLIN WeMos D1 R2 & Mini
    Tools -> Flash Size -> 4M (FS:2MB OTA)
    Tools -> CPU Frequency -> 80 Mhz
    Tools -> Upload Speed -> 921600
    Tools-->Port--> (whatever it is)

Uno Style Pin Mapping

Shield = Board + HS3
    Pin A0 = A0 Good 3.3v = 100% Gnd = 1
    Pin D2 = D0 Nothing
    Pin D3 = D1 Good
    Pin D4 = D2 Good
    Pin D5 = D3 Good
    Pin D6 = D4 (Wifi Led)
    Pin D7 = D5 SCK Light?
    Pin D8 = D6 Good
    Pin D9 = D7 Good
    Pin D10 = D8 Nothing
    Pin D11 = D7
    Pin D12 = D6
    Pin D13 = D5 Good

Comment

I run Tasmota in my Wemos D1. It forms a WiFi connection to HS so this route is different that using the USB via Arduino plugin.

Comment

Working...
      X