Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any idea why my LCD display looks like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any idea why my LCD display looks like this?

Trying to get a second LCD display to work with only partial success. Both displays are identical from the same manufacturer and work perfectly when hooked up to one board but when I load another sketch to a new board I get an incomplete printout. I've tried 3 different boards with the same results. At this point I'm pulling what little hair I have left out.
    Attached Files

There is usually a blue, squarepotentiometer on the I2C daughter card that can be tuned for the best screen.

~Bill

Comment

Not the problem, tried that and like I said, when I hook it up to the other board it's perfect. Don't know if it's the sketch or what.

Comment

I've had issues like that when the power supply I was using wasn't strong enough.

Comment

Not the power supply, went that route already.

Comment

I have seen the same thing. I have 3 working great but when I added a 4th I got the same problem. Tried several LCDs and NodeMCU boards always with a block on the first character of the first line or two. I was never able to get it to work, so I stuck with 3. This was a year or so ago. I also never let Greig know, because I wasn’t convinced it was a plug-in issue. You might let him know to see if he has any thoughts.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I can't say I have seen this happen here on the 3 displays I use. I don't think it is because of the number of displays in the system as Randy and I have 3 working fine. I think I have another display somewhere so will look it out and try it too.
              Can you please send me a debug of you sending the data that is causing this on the display to see if I can track down the problem.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Did this ever get solved? I have this problem too.

Comment

Working...
                X