I’m I limited to the API using a ESP32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m I limited to the API using a ESP32?

I’m somewhat new to the Plug-in but I have had a Nano connected via usb for awhile now.
    My main question is: Which are my options when it comes to connecting ESP32 WROOM boards?
    My application is: Connecting a pressure sensor to the board out in my garage near the air compressor which is no where near the HS Server.
    What I’ve done so far:
    I have learned a ton about this in the past week and have been able to get the API code onto the board, and it is connected over WiFi. I have been able to get some output from the sensor to HS, but I think it’s spitting out too fast that it’s coming out with inaccurate readings. But just to let you know, I have put the formula in to compensate for the 12bit board vs the 10bit versions. I was able to get decent readings out to serial.

I was just wondering, With that board, should I, or could I use a different board type setting to use the more basic (native) version instead?

Charles

You are not limited to using the API. There are many other was to program MCUs like the ESP8266 or ESP32. You can use Tasmota or ESP Home. I prefer ESPHome.

I am building a sensor to monitor my compressor too.

I am using an Adafruit HUZZAH ESP32 to build my compressor monitoring system. Here is some info on the board https://www.adafruit.com/product/3405

I also like ESPHome because it is fairly easy to create the programming. You don't really write code but instead build configurations files using YAML and compile the config into the code for the MCU. Here is the home page for ESPHome

https://esphome.io/

Comment

I could not get basic sketch to load on my ESP32 WROOM modules. I switched to Tasmota on these for now with mqtt. Easy install via Tasmota Web installer.

I did manage to get a couple of generic esp8266 Keeyees from amazon to install Greig's basic sketch and I am testing them. So far so good. Will be putting them in the garage for Garage Door position and control.

Comment

Working...
      X