Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Chromecast - cast speech to GH mini

HI spud ,

I do not see a manual for the Beta PI, But can this PI cast speech to a GH mini?

It looks that it can only cast a web page or media.
    --
    John

There is a helpdesk page here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omecast-plugin

To cast speech to your GH you need to use the regular "Speak Something" action

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      There is a helpdesk page here: https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omecast-plugin

Thank you Spud,

It is working. Initially Ihad a look at the settings page and the support page. As there was no option to connect under settings I assumed that all GH devices will connect automatically.

---
      John

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

spud

The speaker disconnects after a few minutes. Is that normal behaviour?

5/17/2020 06:33:50 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:30:50 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Keuken IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:25:20 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:22:19 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Keuken IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:16:49 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:13:49 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Keuken IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:08:19 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:05:19 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Keuken IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 06:05:19 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
        5/17/2020 05:41:08 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Keuken IP address: 127.0.0.1

---
        John

Comment

John245 which router do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            John245 which router do you have?
            Unifi. I see the issue. it is connected to a VLAN so I have to change some items

Now it is working

---
            John

Comment

spud
              Not a big issue. However for the 1st GH mini the name in the app was given to the root device. However when I add a second GH mini it contains the name visible during inclusion in the GH app and not the name in the GH app.

---
              John

Comment

I've been trying to "speak" to GH mini but the list of GH minis dont come up as selectable options. In fact, I dont have any speakers I can tick in the list.

I have already enabled the GH mini in the plugin connections and have tested the sound successfully, just dont seem to see the GH mini in the events.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Working...
                X