Google Nest Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Nest Mini

Does anyone know if the HomeSeer Chromecast plug-in can cast TTS to a Nest Mini Speaker?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Yes. I have one and it works fine. Just like a Google Home.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I must be missing something. I don't see an option to send TTS to the speaker via an event.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The plug-in states "Routes Homeseer announcements (TTS) to Chromecast devices". How do I configure the plug-in to route HomeSeer announcements to my Chromecast device?

Comment

My Nest Mini keeps disconnecting from the plug-in. I also noticed that when I test the TTS, I hear it but the plug-in still indicates it's offline.

Comment

My Nest Mini has lost connection over 100 times in 24 hours. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

I had many Wi-Fi issues until I installed a pair of these in my house and shut down the all other Wi-Fi transceivers.
              Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Wireless Access Point

eBay is a good source for these.

~Bill

Comment

I have been using the Ubiquiti Networks UniFi Wireless Access Points for many years. The Nest Mini doesn't lose connectivity to the network or when it streams. It's just an issue with this plug-in.

Comment

Upgrading to the latest HS4 version seems to have resolved this issue.

Comment

I have one system thats getting the connect/disconnects as well. By the latest HS4 version you mean 4.1.5.0?

Comment

Yes, but I was wrong. The latest hs4 version did not resolve the disconnect issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        Yes, but I was wrong. The latest hs4 version did not resolve the disconnect issues.
                        Huh, I checked my log and I see load of these message.. (160 is the Nest Mini). I have a Google Speaker group set up and this is part of it.

None of the Google Home's have this issue.

ERROR No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.160:32080
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                        X