Play Music in Multiple Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Music in Multiple Rooms

I have a bunch of Chromecast Audio devices that are hooked up to a 16 channel amplifier that serves 8 zones. Usually each zone needs to be controlled individually which right now we do over our spotify account on our phones. However, sometimes we want to play the same music in multiple zones so multiple zones need to be accurately synchronized. It this somehow possible with this plugin?

You can create a Speaker Group of Chromecast units and then send the music to the speaker group which will show as an additional player. This group keeps them in sync and can be adjusted if needed. So, yes, you probably need a group for every combination you may want to play to. There may be workarounds to make fewer speaker groups such as turning volume off on some units which you do not want to play anything. But then you couldn't use them to play something different. Or you could manage the group via the Home app as needed. Personally I would just create all the groups I may want to play at the same time and be done with it.

I believe the plugin only reads existing speaker groups and a quick search didn't reveal to me any way to programmatically manage the groups.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    242 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    37 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Great! That actually works. It would have preferred if I can build the groups dynamically but I think I can work with this.

Comment

Hopefully that will be possible soon! This was posted part week: https://phandroid.com/2020/08/21/how...nest-speakers/
        Apparently it is not yet available in all devices, such as speakers.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        242 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        37 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

mulu , if you want multiple zones synchronized, wouldn't your 8x16 amp do that best? Set multiple zones to the same source? Or is it not an actual 8x zoned setup? If it is... there are HS plugins that control Russound, Monoprice, and other zone amps. Makes it super simple.

Comment

Working...
          X