Duplicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate

My Chromecast plugin (4.0.13) creates duplicates, I cannot see any pattern. Looks like it is coming they are at increasing with 2-3 a day. Just one type instance that is hit by this behavior. Any advice?

Attached Files

looks like this "Telia box" is changing the chromecast id every now and then, which it shouldn't
    can you post your Config/Chromecast.ini to confirm

if you install the version beta 4.0.14, you will at least be able to delete all those instances from the manage page.

Comment

I will try the beta. Did some cleaning inn the Chromecast.ini file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Now on 4.0.15.0, and I am still getting the duplicates. It easier to delete the duplicates with the new version, but it is getting boring...😀
        Any advice how to not getting this duplicates?

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post
          Any advice how to not getting this duplicates?[/FONT]
          Tell whoever has developed this "Telia box" to not change the Chromecast ID.
          An ID like this one should be persistent and should never change.

Comment

Right, I will do my best to discipline one of the big OEM manufacturers of Android TV boxes. 😊
            I found that "others" have a more pragmatic strategy, and actually use the device "Name", not "ID" - because they “noticed the ID is not constant and may change, but the name is assigned by the user to each device doesn't change, at least by itself”.

Comment

Working...
            X