Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgonsalves View Post

Thanks. This was a helpful pointer.
    I found the issue and want to share it with others.
    First, I do not have a firewall beween the Chromecast and homeseer. The firewall is completely disabled. Your comment about the subnet triggered me to look into the tracelog for the IP that was being used. I found this: "172.27.208". This is not the IP of my homeseer host. My ip is on the 192.168.1.1 subnet. This is a Windows 10 physical machine with the latest 2020H2 update. I then ran ipconfig and I saw that there were multiple active NICs. There was one NIC on the 192 subnet and another on the 172 subnet. The 172.27.208 IP was from the Windows Hyper-V virtual NIC. I removed the Hyper-V feature from the windows control panel. I do not use virtual machines on this host, so this is fine for me. After I did this, it worked again. I suspect that the plugin might run into this problem for any system that has multiple NICs. It needs to know which one to use as the default.
    Thanks for the information, I think I can fix that in the plugin.
    The workaround to be sure that the plugin gets the correct IP is to enter the IP address of the HS server in "Setup > Labs > Bind Server to IP Address"

Comment

Maybe of help : https://github.com/Boudewijn26/gTTS-...ate-changes.md

Comment

Working...
      X