Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Nest Mini is found but won't connect SocketException

Hello,

I have a google home mini that is working fine on my system on a separate subnet than Homeseer controlled through a PFsense box.

I recently purchased the Google Nest Mini and set it up, the plugin sees it but says it's offline. It shows the correct IP address but will never connect. In the debug logs I get this error over and over:

Sockets.Plugin.Abstractions.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.5.159:8009 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.5.159:8009 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsy ncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Sockets.Plugin.TcpSocketClient.d__7.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at SharpCaster.Services.ChromecastSocketService.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at SharpCaster.ChromeCastClient.d__58.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.d__98.MoveNext()
    Maybe I'm missing something simple? When I looked up the Port it was talking about in the above error, google recommends NOT having that port forwarded due to security issues.
Working...
X