Blue iris feed casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue iris feed casting

Anybody have experience working with Blue Iris streams. I’d love to be able to set up a voice command that casts my cameras to the tv. I don’t know if it’s my URLs or limitations of the various parts. I can see the cast try, but no luck with either media or webpage cast.

Does the URL work in a regular web browser? If so it might be a limitation of the TV.

Comment

yes it does. was wondering if that could be it. Using a latest gen chromecast dongle on the TV, so was hoping that not be the case.

Comment

I would like to know this too.

Perhaps we can cast from the camera snapshot? I was just trying this, but no images come up....

Comment

Did a bit of research and it appears for some using the mime type of image/jpeg is required. I've tried this along with the url to the camera via blue iris.

No luck, nothing shows up on the TV.

Comment

Got it to work. I removed username/passwords when pulling up the URL. It now works. It's pushing via chromecast to my google display in my kitchen.

I need a way to embed the username/password.

Comment

Interesting, are you only able to pull individual feeds or the multi-cam page generated by BI? I’d be curious to know what formatting you used.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pointdexter02 View Post
                Interesting, are you only able to pull individual feeds or the multi-cam page generated by BI? I’d be curious to know what formatting you used.

thanks!
                Use the following URL.

http://IP:81/image/Index.jpg with mime type of image/jpeg

Comment

FYI, it's been a while since I got to play with this, but the ultimate solution was to use the following URL:

http://IP:PORT/mjpg/index/video.mjpg (still with the image/jpeg mime type)

Haven't played much with why, but cast media seemed to be faster than cast web page

Comment

Originally posted by pointdexter02 View Post
                    FYI, it's been a while since I got to play with this, but the ultimate solution was to use the following URL:

http://IP:PORT/mjpg/index/video.mjpg (still with the image/jpeg mime type)

Haven't played much with why, but cast media seemed to be faster than cast web page
                    Doesn't work for me. I can see the camera feed by browser but can't stream to Google Nest Hub screen.

Eager to do this. Help will be greatly appreciated of how to stream video from Blue Iris to Chromecast devices.

Thanks,

Comment

Do your Hubs have network access to your BI machine? IOW, no separate subnet or IOT network? They will need to access the URL you're sending them.

Another user above reported they needed to NOT include username/password. Not sure what that means. I use iSpy which is like BI. Hopefully another BI user can chime in.
                      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

mrceolla

Yes, they are on the same network.

Comment

Working...
                        X