Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we remote control android devices, such as the Tivo Stream and Android TV's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we remote control android devices, such as the Tivo Stream and Android TV's ?

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post
      I'm pretty sure Android TV's can be Cast receivers. Not sure about Tivo Stream. If they show up as Cast targets on your Android phone there's a good chance this PI can talk to it.

"Remote Control" is limited to simple controls on the current stream such as play, stop, pause, jump to beginning/end, volume. It can initiate casting of new URLs as well.

For greater "remote control" functionality you could try the MediaController plugin which I use with my LG B7 which is NOT an Android device.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Definitely you can with Android TV's. I would probably use Tasker if you can sideload it. Even better if you can get root on the device. You can most likely check over at XDA for more information.

Comment

Chromecast plugin for AndroidTV's. Works great

Comment

You may want to try my new plugin AKAndroidTV

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...post1631799​

Comment

Dedicated forum for AKAndroidTV plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...oidtv-alexbk66

Comment

Working...
              X