Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events

Hi everyone.
    I have installed HomeSeer Cromecast Plugin ver.4.0.17.0 The devices are detected correctly but in the events I do not have the possibility in "Speak Something" to select any device. How can I solve?
    Thanks

We just upgraded to HS4 (Pi S2) and HomeSeer Chromecast Plugin ver.4.0.17.0. Same issue. I go into the plugin and all my Chromecast devices show online. When I toggle to enable, a red X shows the Chromecast is just switched to offline. Has anyone else experienced this? No Chromecast clients are displayed in the "Speak Something" event.

Edit: Just looked in the log and received the following error: 1/09/2021 15:46:42 Chromecast Error Field "Mono.CSharp.CompilerSettings.WarningLevel' not found. Looks like I will need HomeSeer Support

Date/time=1/9/2021 1:29:21 PM MST
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (Upg from HS3ZS2) Edition 4.1.10.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

License=Registered
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 59 Minutes 57 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.XX.XX (HomeTrollerZeeS2V3)
    Device Count=211
    Event Count=111
    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,Chromecast:
    Modules/Threads=78 Modules, 51 Threads
    Available Threads=387
    HomeSeer Memory Used=273 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Chromecast 4.0.17.0,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

Turned on full debug here is the full error:

Debug
      System.MissingFieldException: Field 'Mono.CSharp.CompilerSettings.WarningLevel' not found. at Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.CSharpGetMemberBinder.Fallbac kGetMember (System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject target, System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject errorSuggestion) in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DynamicProxyMetaObject`1+<>c__Disp layClass3_0[T].b__0 (System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject e) in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DynamicProxyMetaObject`1[T].CallMethodWithResult (System.String methodName, System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObjectBinder binder, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] args, Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DynamicProxyMetaObject`1+Fallback[T] fallback, Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DynamicProxyMetaObject`1+Fallback[T] fallbackInvoke) in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.DynamicProxyMetaObject`1[T].BindGetMember (System.Dynamic.GetMemberBinder binder) in :0 at System.Dynamic.GetMemberBinder.Bind (System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject target, System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObject[] args) in :0 at System.Dynamic.DynamicMetaObjectBinder.Bind (System.Object[] args, System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1[T] parameters, System.Linq.Expressions.LabelTarget returnLabel) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSiteBinder.BindCore[T] (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite`1[T] site, System.Object[] args) in :0 at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet] (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite site, T0 arg0) in :0 at Extensions.Api.CastChannel.CastMessage.GetJsonType () in :0 at SharpCaster.Channels.ChromecastChannel+d__10.MoveNext () in :0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () in :0 at SharpCaster.Channels.ConnectionChannel+d__1.MoveNext () in :0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () in :0 at SharpCaster.Services.ChromecastSocketService+d__5.MoveNext () in :0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () in :0 at SharpCaster.ChromeCastClient+d__58.MoveNext () in :0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult () in :0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget+d__100.MoveNext () in :0
      1/09/2021 16:03:22
      Chromecast
      Error
      Field 'Mono.CSharp.CompilerSettings.WarningLevel' not found.

I am not sure what I can do from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber_Boot View Post

I am not sure what I can do from here.
        Do you have Mono.CSharp.dll and CSScriptLibrary.dll in the root HomeSeer folder?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Do you have Mono.CSharp.dll and CSScriptLibrary.dll in the root HomeSeer folder?
          I have tried MANY times to gain access to "Linux Tools". I have tried the following usernames/password combinations.

homeseer/hsthsths3
          homeseer/hsthsths4
          root/hsthsths3
          root/hsthsths4
          homeseer/homeseer
          default/default

The Homeseer S2 started as HS3 and was upgraded to HS4 last weekend. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the plugin.

If I could get to a Linux command prompt I would not have an issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber_Boot View Post

I have tried MANY times to gain access to "Linux Tools". I have tried the following usernames/password combinations.

homeseer/hsthsths3
            homeseer/hsthsths4
            root/hsthsths3
            root/hsthsths4
            homeseer/homeseer
            default/default

The Homeseer S2 started as HS3 and was upgraded to HS4 last weekend. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the plugin.

If I could get to a Linux command prompt I would not have an issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Grant
            If you never changed the system password, I think username/password is supposed to be homeseer/hsthsths3 or homeseer/hsthsths4
            Did you try to SSH directly to the Zee S2 instead of using "Linux Tools" ?

Comment

If you never changed the system password, I think username/password is supposed to be homeseer/hsthsths3 or homeseer/hsthsths4
              Did you try to SSH directly to the Zee S2 instead of using "Linux Tools" ?
              Tried SSH same issue. Is there anyway to have the two .dll's installed programmatically? Are they part of the plugin or core HS build?

Grant

Comment

those dlls are part of the core HS build, in old versions of HS3 they were wrongly installed in the root HomeSeer folder, I guess this is the cause of your problem. They should be moved to bin/homeseer
                you should open a service desk ticket so that support help you to ssh into your Zee: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

Comment

those dlls are part of the core HS build, in old versions of HS3 they were wrongly installed in the root HomeSeer folder, I guess this is the cause of your problem. They should be moved to bin/homeseer
                  you should open a service desk ticket so that support help you to ssh into your Zee: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals
                  Thank you for the help.

Grant

Comment

I finally gain access. For others it's homeseer/Your_Orginal_Password you first signed in with during the HS Install.

The two files are in the bin directory and not in the root.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ls.png
Views:	170
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1449193
                    Back to the issue. If I enable/toggle a device that currently show online, it goes offline. ("Living Room TV") showed online until I toggled it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chromecast.png
Views:	134
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1449194
                    Thank you,

Grant

Comment

Are the 2 dlls in bin/homeseer as well? If so I believe removing them from there may fix the problem, but it also may break other things, so this is not the best solution.

I think the correct solution is to upgrade Mono, you should have at least Mono 5.x
                      Have you followed this guide to upgrade your Zee:
                      https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...Troller+Zee+S2
                      To upgrade Mono, see the Update System section at the end of this doc.

Comment

Are the 2 dlls in bin/homeseer as well? If so I believe removing them from there may fix the problem, but it also may break other things, so this is not the best solution.

I think the correct solution is to upgrade Mono, you should have at least Mono 5.x
                        Have you followed this guide to upgrade your Zee:
                        https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...Troller+Zee+S2
                        To upgrade Mono, see the Update System section at the end of this doc.
                        You were correct it was an older Mono version 4.x. I did run the "Update System" button which completed in 10-15 seconds. I am not sure what it updated but it did not update Mono. After thinking about it, I thought it best to download a clean/fresh image and then perform a restore of the events/devices. It worked! The Chromecast now works perfectly. Thank you for all of your help!

Grant

Comment

Working...
                        X