Deleted Devices? How do I purge this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Devices? How do I purge this?

When I select cast media and click on the drop down, there is a ton of Deleted devices that show as "Deleted".

How can I clear this out?

This is a bug (tracked as PICC-12), Thanks for reporting!

When you delete a chromecast from the "Manage Chromecasts" page, it actually keeps a trace of it in Chromecast.ini like below so that if it is rediscovered again on your network it won't be enabled and HS device won't be recreated.
    Code:
    539babfd222210b182a4e4965d5ded6f###deleted=True
    So if you don't want to wait for the fix, and if you are sure your deleted chromecasts are no longer on your network and won't be rediscovered, then the workaround would be to delete those lines from the .ini file.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      This is a bug (tracked as PICC-12), Thanks for reporting!

When you delete a chromecast from the "Manage Chromecasts" page, it actually keeps a trace of it in Chromecast.ini like below so that if it is rediscovered again on your network it won't be enabled and HS device won't be recreated.
      Code:
      539babfd222210b182a4e4965d5ded6f###deleted=True
      So if you don't want to wait for the fix, and if you are sure your deleted chromecasts are no longer on your network and won't be rediscovered, then the workaround would be to delete those lines from the .ini file.
      Thanks.

Comment

This bug is fixed in version 4.0.18 (just released as a Beta)

Comment

Working...
        X