TTS Throwing Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS Throwing Error

Its been awhile since I tried to use TTS with the plugin, and just discovered that it throws an error when I try to use speak something on any speaker:

1/30/2021 5:04:55 PM

Chromecast
    Debug
    calling GoogleTts text=Testing the announcements voice=en-us file =C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\Chromecast\audio\chromecast20210130170455931.mp3

1/30/2021 5:04:55 PM

Chromecast
    Error
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s) at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings) at HSPI_Chromecast.GoogleTts.SpeakToFile(String text, String voice, String filePath)

I can control the volume of each speaker, etc... I just cant send any speech without the error above. I was watching the directory where the mp3 would be and I never see the the file in there...

Im not sure what to look at next? Any ideas?

I just noticed the same issue. I will post a solution if I find one, but I bet Google changed something and HS need to update the plug-in.

Comment

I thought about that as well, but the issue seems to be the MP3 being made by the plugin? I never see the MP3 being created in the location that HS is looking in, so theres nothing to play, which makes sense by the error throwing a null issue....

Comment

Seeing the same thing. The logs says it's looking for an mp3 file at C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Chromecast\audio\, which is not there. System tts works fine on my Google minis.

2021-02-01 13:10:02.5701|DEBUG|calling GoogleTts text=The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog voice=en-us file =C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Chromecast\audio\chromecast20210201131002570.mp3
        2021-02-01 13:10:03.0857|ERROR|System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Comment

When I test it from Hubitat, all of my Homes work without any issues - I havent updated that plugin in some time, so its likely not an API update - Im not sure what the issue on the HS Plugin side - Hopefully someone chimes in soon that may have some insight into the plugin.

Comment

Read this post for a workaround: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...65#post1453565

Comment

Thanks Spud - working for me now....

Comment

Working...
              X