Trigger off of "application" data value set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger off of "application" data value set

I'd like to build an automation that will automatically run my "power off" Harmony activity when my android tv has had "backdrop" as it's status for 5 minutes. The problem I'm running into is that the "application" field on the chromecast device doesn't have preset values and forces you to input a numeric value if you select "custom value". This plugin doesn't seem to treat "application" as a "feature" either, so I can't see the custom values in my log when they change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-26 10_50_34-Home Server 7700.png
Views:	110
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1540114

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I have a number of events that go off of how long the Status device has been "Idle". Would that work for your use case?

I think the reason it isn't programmed as a selectable value is that it could be anything. There isn't a set list of possibilities. That's just a guess. I would think "Backdrop" and "Default Media Player" could be supported either way.

I am not sure how to access the Application value in the native HS event builder, but I'm pretty sure you could in a script, and possibly with the Easy Trigger plugin.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Ok, I now have a use case for what you are asking for and where checking the Status(feature) isn't good enough. Today I used Chrome to cast to a Chromecast dongle on my TV. The only indication this was happening was the Application device's status attribute changed to show "Chome Mirroring", the timestamp updated, but the value attribute remained zero. No other feature/sub-devices changed or updated at this time. This makes it hard to do anything based on which Application is active. And it has prevented me from doing anything when "Chrome Mirroring" happens.

spud , I googled to see if your EasyTrigger plugin can solve for this, but it sounded like that answer was No, and that a script would be required. This is cumbersome and I think can be solved for.

I realize why there may be no known list of all possible values for Application now and in the future, but would it be possible to Add to the Application device's Status/Graphics as new Application status strings are discovered so that a value can be assigned to them and so we can then make programming decisions off of them? Alternatively, would it make sense to update the Status(feature) to something other than "Idle" when "Chrome Mirroring" is in use?

I think being able to trigger on which Application would be most useful. I wouldn't care if all Chromecasts' Application features were updated globally or individually as Applications are discovered. Any way to remember them so they can be programmed off of later would be great!

Much thanks!
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
      X