Can't find chromecast devices in device list for voice clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find chromecast devices in device list for voice clients

I'm trying to make it so my google home will notify me with a voice command when I leave my garage door open for a specific amount of time using events. I've installed the chromecast plugin to enable my google home to talk to homeseer. I checked that all my chromecast devices are enabled in the chromecast plugin settings. But when I try to find those devices on the event settings page under clients, they don't appear. Any thoughts? If I cant get them to appear could I just enter the "manual client name (host:instance)"? I'm not sure exactly what to put for "host: instance" so any explanation of that would help too.

Thanks

G

Me again :-) I'm pretty sure you need to enable the TTS slider. From the manage chromecast's page, click on one of your device names, then click into the root device that is shown on the next screen, then click the Chromecast tab, then enable the TTS slider
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
      Me again :-) I'm pretty sure you need to enable the TTS slider. From the manage chromecast's page, click on one of your device names, then click into the root device that is shown on the next screen, then click the Chromecast tab, then enable the TTS slider
      So Plugins > Chromecast > Manage Chromecasts > then click on the device name > click on root device under the device name > Click on root device name again > click on "chromecast" in top right > turn on TTS slider on bottom right?

Sorry but it's already enabled yet not working. I read somewhere that the IP addresses of the homeseer controller and the chromecast speaker need to be in the same subnet but I'm pretty sure they are already both on 192.168.254 range...

It works when I do a speech test under chromecast management...

I'm getting this error message when I try to run the event : "7/19/2022 2:16:49 AM Chromecast Error Cannot control media status when no application is active"

Also, I'm trying to send an email to myself and getting this message: "exception creating email for sending" (To:________@gmail.com, cc: _____________, Sub: Garage door has been opened for 5 minutes, Attach =, '@' is not a valid email address. Parameter name: Address" Any idea why it's telling me that I'm putting in an invalid email address when I use the @ symbol?

Any other ideas?

Comment

Have you tried restarting the plug-in and/or HomeSeer?
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

mrceolla. sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure how to restart the plugin, other than just disabling it and enabling it. I just updated homeseer to the latest version and restarted it. When I test speech on my google home mini it works fine, but when I test run my event where google tells me my garage door is open, nothing happens. It does show that the event was triggered in the last few weeks when I used my garage though. So clearly the issue is communication with the google home mini.

It also doesn't show any clients in the event settings page which is where I would expect to see the google home mini. So any ideas how to add the google home mini to the clients list or how to make this work?

Thanks

Comment

Disabling/re-enabling is what I meant. I am not sure what else to suggest. I don't know if "Test Speech" would work without this, but did you ensure you have the correct username and password entered in the Chromecast Plugin -> Settings, under "TTS"?

Comment

mrceolla just changed the password and username to match. Tried running the event and still no luck tho

Comment

I'm sorry. I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot your situation. Hopefully the plugin author can chime in here.

Comment

mrceolla I FINALLY GOT IT! I changed the password and username to match and reset the plugin because the chromecasts were not linking to my homeseer. IT WORKS NOW! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Comment

mrceolla my only question now...do you have any experience trying to get homeseer to sent an email alert when the garage door is open? I tried doing that but it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Yes I have experience with that but this forum probably isn't the best place to discuss that. You must enter smtp information into HomeSeer settings in order for HS to be able to send. If you haven't gotten that working yet you may want to search the forum for email setup tips

Comment

mrceolla thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by GLO728 View Post
                          mrceolla I FINALLY GOT IT! I changed the password and username to match and reset the plugin because the chromecasts were not linking to my homeseer. IT WORKS NOW! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

What plugin are you using and what do you mean by matching username and password? please expand I have the same issue

Comment

Working...
                          X