Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Hub Max Keeps Disconnecting

Hi all:

Recently, say the past month or so, my Nest Hub Max which I use for TTS has been disconnecting from HomeSeer. It stays connected for no more than an hour. The Chromecast plug-in Manage Chromecasts page indicates it is offline even though it has a functional network connection. Interestingly enough, the other Nest Hub I have on my network, which I do not use for TTS, also disconnects intermittently. I can get them back online by disabling and re-enabling the Chromecast plug-in. All other Chromecast devices on my network - a mix of Nest Mini speakers, Chromecast with GTV, ONN Media devices, and Smart TVs with Chromecast built in - remain connected to the Chromecast plug-in. It appears the issue is isolated to Nest Hub Max and Nest Hub.

Here are the log entries from the last time the Nest Hub Max disconnected. I am on HS4, release 4.2.15.0 with Chromecast Plug-In v4.0.18.0

9/24/2022 11:22:04 AM Chromecast Info Disconnected from chromecast Nest Hub Max
    9/24/2022 11:22:04 AM Chromecast Info Speaker client Nest Hub Max has disconnected
    9/24/2022 11:22:04 AM Chromecast Info Disconnecting from Nest Hub Max https://[IP ADDRESS REDACTED]:8009/
    9/24/2022 11:22:04 AM HomeSeer ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    9/24/2022 11:22:04 AM HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
    9/24/2022 11:17:04 AM Chromecast Info Unexpected service _googlecast._tcp.local.
    9/24/2022 11:17:04 AM Chromecast Info Unexpected service _googlecast._tcp.local.

Any insight would be appreciated!

I don't have connection issue but missing 70% of device not show on the display.

Comment

Having a similar issue with my Nest Hub. We have 3 in the house and one seems to love to disconnect. A power cycle doesn't reconnect it.

Comment

Any further progress with this problem? I have the same with a Nest hub.

Comment

Same, several of my google home minis and hubs will just go offline, but work fine outside of homeseer. The hubs seem to go "offline" in homeseer more frequently. If I restart the chromecast plugin, it will reconnect and work again for a period of time, until it eventually disconnects again.

Comment

Are you giving a address reservation for it’s ip address on your router? My hubs would disconnect but come back up just fine when I did that. Maybe that will help you too.

Comment

I wasn’t but am now. Will report any performance changes.
              Thanks.​

Comment

In my case, the disconnecting device is a simple chromecast for tv, it has no speaking or listening skills.
                Despite, I keep on having this in my log, with speaker connection and speech recognition:
                7/31/2023 08:59:05 Chromecast Info Connected to chromecast Tv salon
                7/31/2023 08:59:05 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host added (R), Name: Chromecast Instance: Tv salon IP address: 127.0.0.1
                7/31/2023 08:59:05 Chromecast Info Speaker client Tv salon has connected
                7/31/2023 08:59:05 Chromecast Info Connecting speaker client Tv salon to HomeSeer IP 127.0.0.1
                7/31/2023 08:59:05 Chromecast Info Connecting to Tv salon https://192.168.0.83:8009/
                7/31/2023 08:59:04 Chromecast Info Speaker client Tv salon has disconnected
                7/31/2023 08:59:04 HomeSeer ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                7/31/2023 08:59:04 HomeSeer Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1

Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                  Are you giving a address reservation for it’s ip address on your router? My hubs would disconnect but come back up just fine when I did that. Maybe that will help you too.
                  Yes, mine have DHCP reservations so the IP is not changing. Still doesn't matter. Attached is a pic showing how many of mine currently show offline. If I stop and restart the plugin, these all come back online.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1628317

Comment

The Chromecast device config page online indicators have never been reliable for me. It'll show a number of them being offline, but the HomeSeer devices themselves show that they are connected and things seem to work fine
                    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                      The Chromecast device config page online indicators have never been reliable for me. It'll show a number of them being offline, but the HomeSeer devices themselves show that they are connected and things seem to work fine
                      The problem is, when events are triggered to speak to those devices, they don't respond when it shows offline in that screen. So something definitely is "disconnected". The devices work fine outside of homeseer otherwise. It just appears that there can be some flakiness with homeseers ability to maintain a connection or fail to automatically reestablish one if it becomes disconnected.

Comment

Have you confirmed whether or not the HomeSeer devices show connected or not?

Years ago I created one event per device that performs a reconnect action if it is disconnected for too long. I don't know if that's still needed or not
                        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I just confirmed one of my devices that shows Offline on the config page, but Connected on the HomeSeer device, still does TTS as expected. You may want to create your own Reconnect events like I have and ignore the config page. I too wish it were accurate.

Comment

Working...
                          X