Sooo close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo close!

I've already purchased another plugin, but it seems the only thing lacking from this one, for me, is the sleep timer functionality. I like the UI on this one better than the one I purchased, but since I can't control, or see if the sleep timer is already set on the hub, I can't use this one. Any idea if this feature will be added?

what is this "sleep timer" functionality you are talking about?
    is it the same thing as "power off" the hub after a predefined number of minutes? Can't you do that using a HS event?
    can you describe your use case for this feature?

Comment

I'm comparing this to the meiharmony plugin -- they have a sleep timer set of controls on there.. that I guess get it's information from the hub. If I set the sleep timer on the hub via the remote, it is displayed in the plugin and I can change/set it from there as well. Basically what i'm after is to automatically turn off the TV at midnight, unless the sleep timer is already set from the remote.

Comment

"sleep timer" would be a feature of the TV, not the Harmony hub.
        If your TV has a sleep function, it would be listed under the TV controls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sleep.png
Views:	182
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1402981

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
          "sleep timer" would be a feature of the TV, not the Harmony hub.
          If your TV has a sleep function, it would be listed under the TV controls.

Name:	sleep.png
Views:	182
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1402981
          No, it is a feature on the hub/remote. The TV can have one too, but it is not nearly as useful. The sleep timer on the hub will also shut down the surround sound receiver (as an example). Also with sleep on the hub, device and activity states stay in sync, making it much, much better when you go to the watch tv activity the next day.

Comment

Um, nope. It's at the activity level. On the remote, you hit the little gear icon at the top and it's a sleep timer for the activity. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...ty-sleep-timer

Comment

Then just set an event. Why would that be so hard?

Comment

How do you set an event to do something or not based on the hub's timer being set if you can't get the status of the timer?
                How do you create your own HS sleep timer that can be set using the Harmony remote?

He has a valid need. I'm not doing exactly what he is, but I do make good use of the built in sleep timer, as well as an HS timer. If I set the Harmony timer, then I over-ride my HS timer. It's a matter of user interface and convenience.

Comment

That's not the point. I can set an event for midnight, sure.. Lets say you're lying in bed... it's 11:30pm... I want to finish watching my hour long movie, I set a timer on the remote for an hour... at midnight, my event kicks in, shuts the tv off right in the middle of my movie... LAME.

Comment

I just wanted some more explanations as I was not aware of this feature.
                    I logged it as a feature request internally. PIHH-3
                    thanks

Comment

This feature has been added in version 4.0.12 available as a beta version.
                      A "Sleep Timer" feature is now created for each hub that allows you to control and monitor the hub sleep timer.

Name:	sleeptimer.png
Views:	118
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1424158

Comment

Working...
                      X