• Show
Clear All

Hi,
    How should I install the 5.18 version

Comment

Originally posted by jindala View Post
      Hi,
      How should I install the 5.18 version
      please try to run the "Update System" function from your 911 page. That should install the latest mono version available. You can get to that function via Maintenance/911 page then clicking Upgrade to HS4:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	145
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1414049

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ading+from+HS3

Comment

Thanks spud it worked.. I have one more question though. I want to write an event, such that when I pause any movie or show using harmony, I want to take an action like dim the lights using z-wave (then part I can achieve, only need help in the IF condition).

Comment

Thanks spud it worked.. I have one more question though. I want to write an event, such that when I pause any movie or show using harmony, I want to take an action like dim the lights using z-wave (then part I can achieve, only need help in the IF condition).
          AFAIK, the harmony hub only reports back activity changes. I don't think there is anyway to know that any device commands are sent, such as pause. I solved the problem by adding a device that receives and decodes the IR commands that the hub sends.

Comment

What kind of device? Can you pls explain the procedure also?

Comment

Originally posted by charbwin View Post
              I'm a bit out of my league here but it looks like mono 5.16 Click image for larger version

Name:	mono.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1413886[ATTACH]n1413887[/ATTACH]
              if you set the log level to Trace, and see the following line in the error stack trace when you try to add the hub, then it is the same problem and you need to upgrade mono.

Code:
              System.Runtime.Serialization.Json.JsonFormatReaderInterpreter.ReadSimpleDictionary

Comment

What kind of device? Can you pls explain the procedure also?
                I made a custom Arduino (ESP8266) with an IR receiver. The hardware was really simple. The code was not too difficult either, due to the IR library for the 8266. I use the drule plugin and a couple of scripts to get the remote codes from it into HomeSeer.

Comment

I did find the line you mentioned in the log when I tried to add the hub. I was able to do the update to Mono 5.18.10. When I try to add the hub however I still get the same message. I am having a bit of trouble when I change the log to trace in the Harmony plug-in. I lose my connection to the Hometroller and can only recover with a power down. Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-26 160328.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1414333

Comment

After restarting the Hometroller, removing and reinstalling the plug-in, it is now working ,. I was able to add both of my hubs.
                    Many thanks

Comment

Great news! Was a mono problem. Did the update Spud and now working perfectly! Can once again control TV, DVR, Blu-ray, etc. Thank you.

I am now on Mono Version: 5.20.1.19

previously was on
                      Mono Version: 5.0.1.1

I didn’t re-install Harmony App, Once Mono was update it linked perfectly.

Comment

Thanks spud, I was successfully able to connect harmony hub. I have another question. I have z-wave switches and harmony elite, I want to achieve that if I click on the play button on the harmony remote then it should switch off the light and when I click on pause then dim the lights by 25% and at the end when I stop then lights should be 100%. How can I achieve this?

Comment

Thanks spud, I was successfully able to connect harmony hub. I have another question. I have z-wave switches and harmony elite, I want to achieve that if I click on the play button on the harmony remote then it should switch off the light and when I click on pause then dim the lights by 25% and at the end when I stop then lights should be 100%. How can I achieve this?
                          As joegr told you above, it is not possible with the HarmonyHub plugin, as it can only detect activity changes, it cannot detect directly button presses on the remote.

Comment

Working...
                          X