No announcement yet.

Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spud Do you need any additional information?

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      For the Netflix activity there are 3 devices involved, i.e. a TV, an AVR and an AppleTV. How do I find out what device 60255344 is? I don't see any such number in the HS device information for the 3 involved devices. Regarding the communication it depends on the device:

1) The TV is controlled via IR through the remote
      2) The AppleTV is controlled via IR through one of the two IR ports on the hub
      3) The AVR is controlled with a direct/wired connection from the other IR port on the hub and an IR input on the AVR

As for controlling the components individually:
      • I can turn the AVR on/off by going to the AVR device and click on the on/off action.
      • I can control the AppleTV through the actions of the AppleTV device
      • I cannot control the TV when through actions of the TV device when the remote is idle. Only when I pick up the remote and the display comes on then I can control the TV through the TV device in HS.
      • When I use the Netflix activity nothing works. Well, maybe(!) the AppleTV works but I can't see that because neither the TV nor the AVR turns on. I suspect the AppleTV also fails.
      Edit: Note that my Netflix activity starts with turning the TV on. Since that doesn't work (assuming the remote is not 'activated') then maybe everything else afterward isn't being done. That's pure speculation, though. The attached image shows the beginning of my activity as it is programmed in the Harmony interface. The rest is just navigating through the menu on the AppleTV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NetflixActivity.png
Views:	196
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1436000
      According to your troubleshooting, 60255344 is probably the id of the TV (I can confirm that if you send me a trace log of the plugin start), which seems to be the source of the problem.
      If you remove the first 2 steps of your activity, does it work?

Unfortunately I don't know how to activate the remote, or if it is even possible. The plugin communicates with the hub not with the remote.
      Does it work if you try to start this activity from the Harmony app on your phone?

Comment

Thanks for the response. Attached is the log after I restarted HS4. I had to zip it because it was too large. I can't test right now what happens if I remove TV family room but I will try this later.
        Attached Files

Comment

Huh, I tried the phone app and it has the same problem. It actually even has a warning that it might not work correctly because the TV is controlled by the remote. I can't believe Logitech can't handle this. It makes voice control impossible. I can't be the only one doing this...

Comment

It's been a while since I have messed with it, but somewhere in the settings for the Harmony, you can specify if you want the IR for each IR controlled device to come from the hub, the remote, or both. Maybe you have the TV set to IR from the remote? I have all mine set to IR from the hub only (well, hub and blasters). My activities all work even when the remote is sleeping. (Disclaimer: I am on HS3 using that plugin.)

Comment

Okay, I looked it up. Using the iPhone app
              Select the menu
              Select Harmony Setup
              Select Add/Edit Devices and Activities
              Select Remote and Hub
              Select IR Assignments
              Select your TV

Comment

joegr Indeed, your setup should work. However, I have the TV in the family room and all the other equipment is under the stairs to keep the family free of those devices. That means I use the hub outputs to control those components under the stairs (where the hub is also located) and the TV is turned on by the remote. I couldn't even connect another IR blaster to the hub as I already use both of them.

Comment

You might try something like this to free up a blaster port.
                  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVNCX4F...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I haven't tried it, but I have heard that one blaster port can power two blasters (slightly reduced signal to each, I assume) by using a splitter.

I do have one setup with most of the equipment in a closet, and the TV in the room. In my case, I didn't need any blasters in the closet, the builtin emitter on the hub was enough. I ran one blaster outside the closet to deal with the TV. It works just fine even though it is several feet from the TV.

Comment

In my case the equipment is two doors and two walls away. Unfortunately, there is no good way to get a blaster into the living room, certainly not something approved by the wife...

Comment

Working...
                    X