Problem with Hunter Douglas Blinds and the Harmony Hub plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Hunter Douglas Blinds and the Harmony Hub plugin

I am using the Harmony Hub plugin for control of an AV receiver. a cable box, and a TV all with IR commands, works GREAT!
    My problem is that the Harmony hub also supports Hunter Douglas Blinds. The main reason I purchased it.
    I cannot control the blinds via the plugin. On the devices page there are buttons to open and close the blinds (Activities in the Harmony Hub) but they do not work.
    In the log I get an error "Unauthorized policy write haDevice denied" The activities seem to appear as button, on the devices page, to the right of "Harmony Hub Current Activity and the devices in the Harmony Hub appear as drop down lists of all the commands for the corresponding device. Both the activities and devices that send IR commands are working GREAT! BUT the activities to control the Hunter Douglas blind do not work. Please see the attached screen print. The button for SAMSUNG TV- LR is an activity that sends an power on IR command at Start and a power off IR command at end. This works fine. I can also see this activity selected in the Harmony Hub app on my phone when I click the button on the devices page in HS4. But when I click a button for the blinds I do not see it in the app on my phone, just the error in the log.
    The activities for controlling the blinds work fine from the Harmony app on my phone. And since Samsung Smartthings supports the Harmony Hub, I can control them using the smartthings plugin for HS4 BUT I am trying to get rid of all smartthings, replacing with HS4.

Am I missing something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HarmonyHubDevice.gif
Views:	354
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1420212

Thanks
    Tom
    Attached Files

From the settings page, could you enable "Log To File" and set the "File log level" to Trace. Then restart the plugin and try to open/close the blinds from HomeSeer, then send me the log file (Logs/HarmonyHub.txt).
    Thanks

Comment

Hi Spud,
      Attached is the log file.

Tom

HarmonyHub.txt

Comment

thanks but it seems you did not set the "File log level" to Trace

Comment

Hi Spud,
          Sorry, I did it again, this time making sure to set the :File log level" to Trace. See screen shot.
          Yesterday I just disabled and re-enabled the plugin. today I restarted HS4.
          I think the log is the same.
          ERROR Unauthorized policy write haDevice denied
          This appears 8 times because I clicked all 6 blind buttons on the Devices page.
          Log file is attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-29_8-30-54.png
Views:	352
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1422827

Thanks
          Tom

[ATTACH]n1422828[/ATTACH]

Comment

you set the "Log Level" to Trace but the "File Log level" is still set to Debug, the "File log level" field is just below the "Log to File" switch.
            "Log level" is for the HS logs
            "File log level" is for the logs written to HarmonyHub.txt

Comment

Sorry Spud,
              I think I got it this time. More stuff in the log file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-29_13-51-03.png
Views:	324
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1422897
              [ATTACH]n1422896[/ATTACH]

Thanks
              Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the logs.
                Please install and test version 4.0.12 which has been released as a beta version.
                If this is still not working could you try to recreate from scratch the activities for your blinds?

Comment

Hi Spud,
                  I installed version 4.0.12 of the plugin.
                  I restarted HS4.
                  Unfortunately the buttons on the devices page in HS4 still do not work. When I click on one of these buttons I do not see the activity start in the Harmony App on my phone.
                  For an activity not involving the blinds I do see the activity start in the Harmony App.

Next I tried creating a new activity in the Harmony App to open one of my blinds.
                  I verified this activity is working from the Harmony App.
                  Returning to HS4, from the manage hubs page I refreshed the hub.
                  This created a button on the devices page for this new activity.
                  Unfortunately this button also does not work.

I am not sure what is different about Activities (Harmony Hub) involving the Hunter Douglas Blinds. The Hunter Douglas Blinds have there own hub. In this hub a scene is created to
                  (example) open a blind. When this hub is synced with the Harmony Hub. These "Scenes" are available to be included in an Activity.
                  Is there someone at Logitech that could help identify what is different about Hunter Douglas Activities vs other Activities?
                  Is there something else I can test?

Thanks
                  Tom

Comment

Hi Spud,
                    I tried the MeiHarmonyHub plugin 3.1.0.20.
                    The blind activities Do not work with this plugin either. Other activities and devices do work.

What does work is the smartthings plugin. I can control the blinds by HS4->Smartthings Plugin ->Smarthings Hub ->Harmony Hub->Hunter Douglas Hub->Blinds
                    I don't know if you wrote the Smartthings plugin. Maybe it can give you some clue as to the problem.

My Goal with my conversion from Samsung SmartThings to Homeseer 4 is to eliminate all of SmartThings.

Thanks
                    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Seer1001 View Post
                      Hi Spud,
                      I tried the MeiHarmonyHub plugin 3.1.0.20.
                      The blind activities Do not work with this plugin either. Other activities and devices do work.

What does work is the smartthings plugin. I can control the blinds by HS4->Smartthings Plugin ->Smarthings Hub ->Harmony Hub->Hunter Douglas Hub->Blinds
                      I don't know if you wrote the Smartthings plugin. Maybe it can give you some clue as to the problem.

My Goal with my conversion from Samsung SmartThings to Homeseer 4 is to eliminate all of SmartThings.

Thanks
                      Tom
                      Yes I wrote the smartthings plugin but that won't help me solve the issue with the Harmony plugin.
                      I guess there is an extra security layer to control home automation devices like blinds from the Harmony Hub, the problem is that the Harmony API is not documented or actively supported, so problems like that one are hard to fix.

Comment

Hi Spud,
                        Any news or progress on solving this problem with the Harmony Hub plugin?

Thanks
                        Tom

Comment

I have the exact same issue. Everything works from the Harmony Hub in HomeSeer 4 Pro except Hunter Douglas blinds. The blinds don't show up in HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
                          X