Harmony / HSTouch Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony / HSTouch Issue

I currently use the BLMarantz plugin to control my receiver, but since upgrading to HS4 I find I have to stop/start the plugin almost daily to maintain control with my iPAD/HSTouch. I also want to convert directly to the Homeseer Harmony plugin anyway.

I built my volume control based directly on the Homeseer video for building a slider control for volume a couple years ago. The problem is that when trying to set up status tracking now ALL the Harmony plugin lets me select is the the entire receiver. I can't drill down to select volume as they are not separate devices.

I don't see any way to really change much in the plugin settings. Is there something I can do? The BLMarantz plugin has every single individual function as line items. The end of that list shows at the top of the pull down box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will likely just remove that control and add separate buttons for up / down volume, but find the lack of other options frustrating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tracker.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1440170

I also lost the use of UltraPioneer. Now am using JeeDOM (a bit cranky but works)
    Your easier option would be ioBroker : https://www.npmjs.com/package/iobroker.denon With ioBroker you also have the option to use Node-RED and the HS nodes.

You can keep your slider and just point it to control the new new device created by the additional control type.
    • If I should point out, you don't have to know anything or acquire a college degree to use ioBroker and Node-RED. They complement HomeSeer that you will wonder why didn't try them. (No more begging devs to fix their plug-ins...that was a bit painful to say the least.

Or : If you really want to get your hands really dirty try Home Remote

Click image for larger version  Name:	Home Remote.png Views:	0 Size:	95.4 KB ID:	1440193

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman...thanks for the trouble! I was really hoping to do this with the HS Harmony plugin. I'm sure it is somewhere, but looking for a help file for the plugin. I'm going to open a ticket as well I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
        Eman...thanks for the trouble! I was really hoping to do this with the HS Harmony plugin. I'm sure it is somewhere, but looking for a help file for the plugin. I'm going to open a ticket as well I believe.
        The Harmony hub itself does not support the level that you want. You can use it to send commands, but it never gives back the status on anything except for which activity is active. It also doesn't provide any way to set discrete volume levels, such as a slider would require.

Comment

joegr...THANKS! That explains a lot. I guess I'm stuck rebooting the BL plugin (who btw makes great stuff). I may try the Denon version as I know it will work too and maybe won't hang. There used to be a "restart" plugin for restarting other plugs. That might work to reduce the amount of frustration.

I made an event with 5 volume up commands via the Harmony plugin. That reduces the times you have to tap the HSTouch button vs a slider ...but tons of lag doing it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
            joegr...THANKS! That explains a lot. I guess I'm stuck rebooting the BL plugin (who btw makes great stuff). I may try the Denon version as I know it will work too and maybe won't hang. There used to be a "restart" plugin for restarting other plugs. That might work to reduce the amount of frustration.

I made an event with 5 volume up commands via the Harmony plugin. That reduces the times you have to tap the HSTouch button vs a slider ...but tons of lag doing it that way.
            I use the BLDenon PI for bith a Marantz and a Denon and they work great. Once in a very long while I've had to reboot the PI to force the connection, but its been awhile.

Jon00 has the restart PI...works great

Comment

Working...
            X