Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Control Question

Hi,

I have had issues with the HomeSeer harmony plug-in since it was released. I am trying to get it working again and I am getting a error, "error while connecting to Hub 192.168.X.XX: Timeout while waiting on response agsXMPP_7 after 5000". XMPP is enabled. I have two harmony hubs and I am getting this error with both hubs. Does anyone know how to get this working? So, that is my first question.

My second question is what is everyone else using for IR control? If the HomeSeer Harmony plug in is unstable (not to mention Harmony pulled the plug), the global cache plug in is "no longer supported", and UltraJone's GCIR3 plug in is "feature complete" / not guaranteed to work - what is the best solution? Is there a good solution for IR control with HomeSeer?

I am using the HS3 version of the Harmony Plugin (I am still on HS3), and it is working great so far. I can control my TV through the plugin. I am working on migrating off of Harmony though, since its days are numbered.

I am in the process of implementing Home Remote, which has plugins for Harmony and Homeseer, as well as the Global Cache TCP to IR converter. I so far have got most of the TV stuff working, but have not yet investigated the Homeseer interface. The Home Remote's Homeseer plugin will control Homeseer, but I do not know if Homeseer will be able to talk back. We will see.

I do not necessarily recommend Home Remote though. If you thought the learning curve was difficult with HS Touch, wait until you try Home Remote.

Does your Harmony Hub have a fixed IP address on your LAN? If not, that may help things.

Comment

I have 3x Harmony hubs and I use the MeiHarmony plugin. It sounds like you may have a more general connectivity issue. Can you ping your hubs from your HS machine? I suggest you install BLLAN and set it up to monitor your hub connections and alert on disconnects.

EDIT: I purchased a Sofabaton X1 from kickstarter back in December but haven't messed with it yet since they haven't released the local API docs.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Ok - thanks all - I found the network connection was stable until I tried to add the hub. Then the Wi-Fi would drop. I was able to time the second try to the Wi-Fi connection and it was added properly. Now after adding to Homeseer, the Wi-Fi is stable. We really need a better solution - preferably with a hard wired Ethernet connection. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just out of curiosity, did you reserve the IPs for your Hubs in DHCP. So the IPs aren't changing.

Comment

Yes - I reserved their IP addresses when I originally purchased them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X