New version 1.0.0.10 posted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version 1.0.0.10 posted.

Suggest you use the delete all devices function AFTER your upgrade to make sure all devices are refreshed.
    Post issues here.
    Do note that the location changed from Ring to Ring+<your location name>

Having not really been part of beta testing an HS plug-in that involves so many devices before ... is it normal to have to delete/re-create everything? Doesn't that mean I'll also need to go through all of my events that use those devices and fix them? Just want to make sure about the amount of work required after upgrading ...

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
      Having not really been part of beta testing an HS plug-in that involves so many devices before ... is it normal to have to delete/re-create everything? Doesn't that mean I'll also need to go through all of my events that use those devices and fix them? Just want to make sure about the amount of work required after upgrading ...
      Nope it shouldn't and whilst I have been trying hard to not have you do that, as I've been adding basic functions, I've come to see the shortcoming of my original coding. I do believe that I have now all basics in place and hopefully going forward you won't have to do that.

When you delete a device or a feature, you do indeed lose the device/feature reference as it changes when it is being re-discovered and therefore you will have to fix your events that are/were linked to this devices. At this point, this was a phase to get feedback first and foremost as I wrote in some of the initial postings, given there are a ton of Ring devices (which I don't) have, and this was sorta the only way I could think off to see how well (or bad) this PI behaves.

My apologies, I think it will get much better, as I believe this plugin is getting ready for a first official release (despite the fact I need to add some more functions but they won't impact HS devices).

Comment

Dirk,

Do you still have plans to look into live video?

Comment

Originally posted by chad611 View Post
          Dirk,

Do you still have plans to look into live video?
          at some point, perhaps, but not right now. I'm about to go out of town for next few weeks. My biggest concern is how do you properly support the different platforms (what kind and version of browser) the user is using to see live video, and sure you would like to have the options to talk as well. Never done something like that before , so I'm not going to promise anything. I assume you would like to do this from HSTouch, correct as part of some screen in the house that controls all things automation?

Comment

Yes, I would like to interact with the video through HSTouch.

Comment

Yes, I would like to interact with the video through HSTouch.
              I think you just confirmed my concerns, sure HST can play a video, not sure it has the abilities to do live streaming (maybe for the camera support, never tried it), and would be even more surprised if it supported live two way conversations (SIP support). I haven't looked at HST for quite a while, I know there is some improvement going on, does it support a component that you can drop on your HST screen that supports live streaming?

Comment

It does support video, but not sure if that answers your question. You can play live streams from IP cameras connected as devices.

Comment

It does support video, but not sure if that answers your question. You can play live streams from IP cameras connected as devices.
                  Interesting and good to know ... but not for next few weeks unless some expert on this forum points us all in the right direction how to set this all up

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    My apologies, I think it will get much better, as I believe this plugin is getting ready for a first official release (despite the fact I need to add some more functions but they won't impact HS devices).
                    No worries, I understand! Just wanted to make sure I knew what needed to be done before I upgrade ... will try and do that tonight.

Comment

Finished updating all of my events ... now I have to update all the devices on my HSBuddy dashboards. Whew ...

Comment

Working...
                      X