Could we get an option to keep all snap shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we get an option to keep all snap shots

Would it be possible to keep all snapshots for x period of time? This way we could put together a daily time lapse or something similar.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Would it be possible to keep all snapshots for x period of time? This way we could put together a daily time lapse or something similar.
    I have that in the next release that I've been trying to get out since a few days, but then a storm had me without power for 2.5 days.

Not quite sure what the best way would be to manage it because (non battery) cameras generate a snapshot each 30 seconds so nearly 3k pictures a day/camera. I can already see some user not knowing how this works and ending with hundreds of thousands of snapshots.

Thoughts?

Comment

Are you guys referring to just motion event snapshots? I would think that could be manageable by the user if the plug-in left all the snapshots in their folder. I use the Windows forfiles command in an event each night to identify security videos that are xx days old and delete them.

Comment

Allow me to describe the changes I've made since the last release:

1. Option to retrieve snapshots, with option to retrieve: "never", "only when motion", "when motion and some user defined period" or "motion and when the camera generates them (every 30 sec for some, each few minutes for battery operated cameras).
        2. Snapshots are stored in their own subdirectory by device id ex <hs root>/html/Ring/Snapshots/<device id>/xxxx and will not be overwritten
        3. When motion happens, obviously the snapshot feature is updated and that snapshot overwrites the previous snapshot but now in addition, this snapshot is also copied to the video subdirectory, where they are not overwritten. So you can retrieve all snapshots associated with motion. The reason I do this, is that I use these snapshots on the "history" page , and I'll explain next what the changes to the history page are.

The history page now:
        1. list all events, which is a combination of those that you still have stored on the Ring server and the ones that you have downloaded (video clips).
        2. If the (video) event was not downloaded, the history page will show the snapshot as opposed to the video for that event.
        3. Per event you have actions such as: "download video", "delete video local", :delete video on server".

At this point, I'm still working on the layout of the history page, as I don't really like the layout. Also need to add now a "management page" to manage snapshots.
        Hope to get something out today, might not be complete but available for feedback

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Allow me to describe the changes I've made since the last release:

1. Option to retrieve snapshots, with option to retrieve: "never", "only when motion", "when motion and some user defined period" or "motion and when the camera generates them (every 30 sec for some, each few minutes for battery operated cameras).
          2. Snapshots are stored in their own subdirectory by device id ex <hs root>/html/Ring/Snapshots/<device id>/xxxx and will not be overwritten
          3. When motion happens, obviously the snapshot feature is updated and that snapshot overwrites the previous snapshot but now in addition, this snapshot is also copied to the video subdirectory, where they are not overwritten. So you can retrieve all snapshots associated with motion. The reason I do this, is that I use these snapshots on the "history" page , and I'll explain next what the changes to the history page are.

The history page now:
          1. list all events, which is a combination of those that you still have stored on the Ring server and the ones that you have downloaded (video clips).
          2. If the (video) event was not downloaded, the history page will show the snapshot as opposed to the video for that event.
          3. Per event you have actions such as: "download video", "delete video local", :delete video on server".

At this point, I'm still working on the layout of the history page, as I don't really like the layout. Also need to add now a "management page" to manage snapshots.
          Hope to get something out today, might not be complete but available for feedback
          This sounds good. Will we also still be able to use an alternative path to store our snapshots as I store these on a separate disk.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

This sounds good. Will we also still be able to use an alternative path to store our snapshots as I store these on a separate disk.
            yes, now added for videos and snapshots. Snapshots will go into their own subdirectory per deviceId, contemplating to make the same change for videos (someone asked for it in the past)

Comment

Working...
            X