No announcement yet.

First Alert ZCOMBO smoke/CO detector with Ring plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After going through this event, I definitely want my Smoke/CO detectors paired with the Ring base station. I was only a minute or two awake when Ring Monitoring called me and explained what was going on and told me what to do. I had no idea it was the CO detector. By the time I got outside I could hear the fire trucks and ambulance. Ring Monitoring was transferring info to the rescue crew as I talked to them.

My concern is how to leverage the info of the Ring PI to help either my wife or me if something like this occurs again. When this happens your mind is racing and trying to figure out what to do...especially after being in a deep sleep. That's my attempt at the events. I just want to make sure the events make sense. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Yeah, since the Ring PI doesn't seem to expose the individual ZCOMBO device's alarm state, our only option is to check on the Ring Base Station Alarm Status like you're doing, and it seems to make sense.

Comment

I removed the "alarm state" feature before upgrading to 1.0.0.51 and now have the CO and fire alarm events. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1639644

Comment

Hey guys, I thought I had nailed down my First Alert ZCOMBO smoke/CO detector events but this Holiday season we had a little too much smoke in the kitchen and the detector sounded off as expected, however my event did not trigger, when looking at the log I could see that a smoke event had occurred and cleared but the notification wasn't what I was expecting, which was "Smoke Detected" instead I got "Smoke Detected Unknown Location" in the log so my event would never trigger. Does anyone else have a similar issue, in short it means now that I have to add an OR that address both device notifications and oh by the way the CO detection also has the same two notification, I've just haven't seen a CO event to date. Is there a Location fix?

Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
          Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
          HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
            Hey guys, I thought I had nailed down my First Alert ZCOMBO smoke/CO detector events but this Holiday season we had a little too much smoke in the kitchen and the detector sounded off as expected, however my event did not trigger, when looking at the log I could see that a smoke event had occurred and cleared but the notification wasn't what I was expecting, which was "Smoke Detected" instead I got "Smoke Detected Unknown Location" in the log so my event would never trigger. Does anyone else have a similar issue, in short it means now that I have to add an OR that address both device notifications and oh by the way the CO detection also has the same two notification, I've just haven't seen a CO event to date. Is there a Location fix?

MNB How exactly was this event constructed? Sounds like you use log entries, or do I get that wrong? In the latest version, you should now have features for CO and Smoke for this device. You may have to delete the device from HS and let it recreate all of its features.

Comment

Dirk (dcorsus​), thanxs for the comeback. My bad, I'm not using the Ring Plug-in (for smoke/CO detection) but rather using the devices notification(s), unfortunately this is probably not the correct thread as it I'm undoubtably causing confusion in regard to the Ring Plug-in which work great by the way.
              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
              Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
              HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I just noticed a "new" feature appearing under the Smoke Detector devices: CO Alarm. What is this for and should it be under the CO Alarm device and not Smoke?

Views:	40
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1645002

Views:	36
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1645003

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                  I just noticed a "new" feature appearing under the Smoke Detector devices: CO Alarm. What is this for and should it be under the CO Alarm device and not Smoke?

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1645002

Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1645003
                  You should delete both devices and the pi will recreate only one device with 2 alarm state features

Comment

Ah, OK. Must have missed that with one of the latest updates. Will try that, thanks!

Comment

So I deleted one of my ZCOMBO devices (the Smoke and CO devices) and did a refresh in the PI. It re-created the single Smoke Alarm device, but I don't see a smoke alarm status, just a CO one:

Views:	39
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1645093

Comment

Oops, forgot to add the smoke feature .....
                        New version v.56 posted

Comment

Ok, that worked, but it also created the second CO Alarm device still?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	1645116
                          And is Smoke Notification just a toggle for notifications? Not a actual alarm state feature?

Comment

I have (3) of the Smoke/CO Alarms. Do I delete the Smoke Alarm device & CO Alarm device for each of the (3) Smoke/CO Alarms and then refresh the device information? I am on version 1.0.0.56.

Below is an example of one of the Smoke/CO alarms that I have.

Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1645144

Comment

windracer and jrhocker , sorry but I don't have a device to test. v57 has following changes:
                              1. it won't create 2 devices but one device with twee features
                              2. I noted that I created the "wrong" feature type for the smoke notification, so it is changed to a "sensor like" feature

So you should delete BOTH devices and let the PI rediscover them. So easiest is that you delete them before the upgrade

Comment

dcorsus , I deleted both devices for each of the three Smoke/CO Alarms before updating to v57. Then, when updating this morning at 7:02:38 on 12/3/23, I received error messages. I am attaching my HS log which details my errors. I had to restart my Hometroller. Once it started back up, I had to reinstall the Ring PI. I received some long errors when it reinstalled. Listed below are the devices that I now have for the three identical Smoke/CO Alarms. There are (2) devices for the Guest Room, (1) device for the Garage and (2) devices for the Utility Room. The Guest Room and Utility Room have similar features. But, the Garage features are slightly different.

Should I delete the devices again and refresh?

Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1645184

Views:	28
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1645185