Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no1sousa
    replied
    OK...very good news. Early indications is this works!!! I will do some GeoFence testing this weekend when we head to the beach. If this works we are good to go! I should Venmo you some $$s if all works out. This is a huge time saver for me. Hopefully, it will make your PI better. Will get back in a couple of days but all looks good. Chris

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    Good deal...let me install and see what happens. Baby steps...Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Just posted v.43 which add a new feature(s) to the MASTER device. You will see per location a mode feature that can be set to disarmed, home, away.
    When you change it on your app, it should change state in HS as well and you should be able to change the mode.
    I tested it as far as I could ie. I can change the state but don't know what it does.

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    Yeah...no worries. Will try to do this tomorrow. Appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    unfortunately I forgot to undo some test code I had attached to this "capture" button and the info is useless. Just posted v41, sorry.
    Do note that when you click on capture (and wait a minute) you have to retrieve the DISK log file which is something like <hsroot>\html\ring\logs\capturedebug.json

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    I sent you some log and capture information on PM. I might look at the Alarm basic system. It might work out better for a number of reasons. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    OK...will be probably tomorrow before I can get to this. Again, really appreciate the help and hopefully making this PI better. I can't be the only person out there with this issue with Nest.

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by no1sousa View Post
    Could be…for the Door Bell you can put it into Home or Away mode and set different conditions for motion or door bell ringing on notifications. I think we might be close to figuring this out…
    Unfortunately, my whole setup is in transit for many more weeks.
    Maybe we can trace this if you are up for it?
    What I need:
    1. Set mode to disarmed
    2. Go to settings -> debug and click on "capture". Wait 30 seconds and grab the log file, zip it and PM me it
    3. set PI debug log level to "events and errors"
    4. Set mode to Armed
    5. wait a minute, capture the info (if anything came in that minute) and PM me that
    6. Take another "capture" (while still armed) , zip it, name it differently and PM me that as well.

If the PI gets notified about the mode state, we can add another feature to reflect that state.

Do you have multiple ring devices? If so, is there an arm/disarm state per device or just for your whole account? (I suspect the latter).

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    Could be…for the Door Bell you can put it into Home or Away mode and set different conditions for motion or door bell ringing on notifications. I think we might be close to figuring this out…

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    No on the Alarm…just a Door Bell Camera.
    Interesting. I don't see an option on my camera to arm/disarm , I wonder whether a doorbell has it, or it is "hidden' in my setup because I have an alarm as part of it

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    No on the Alarm…just a Door Bell Camera. I would need to research as I already have Insteon sensors. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Do you have a Ring Alarm? Judging by the picture, I assume it is Emerald Isle. The PI can set and reflects the arm status, so you can use it to set or use it to trigger an event. In the event you can add actions to .....

Leave a comment:

• no1sousa
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 10.13.18 AM.png
Views:	154
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1625827Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 10.14.18 AM.png
Views:	128
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1625828
    If you could create a control like the above Nest Plugin for setting Home/Away in the Ring Dashboard I think that would work. I need a device to key off of to trigger if we are home or away for the series of automated events I have set up. I'm also open to setting up a Zoom call to walk you through what I have done. It is a big deal for me because I have probably 30+ events that depend on the status. Thanks again for your help and consideration to implement! JLMK on the Zoom

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    With this going away with the Nest products at the end of Sept this would be a huge feature for you to add. Not sure if they have the API support for this but can you please take a look at implementing. Great plug-in so far...appreciate all the work!
    I know something like this (or the same) was asked before, but can't recall what exactly they were looking for? Could you give a couple of very specific examples?
    If you want to change settings, they are either already existing or they probably can't be set, are we talking about camera settings, alarm settings? So whatever the PI already provides, you should be able to tickle those in events, no?

Sorry for being a bit dense here, so don't be sparse with your examples and details of what it is you would like to achieve and how (or why)

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    I'm not the PI author (that's dcorsus), I was just throwing out ideas.

So I looked and the Ring app does support geofencing: Geofence in the Ring App – Ring Help. I can't tell if it's an alarm-only feature though (but does require a Ring subscription).​

If that's exposed in the API, Dirk might be able to add it to the plug-in (if it's not in there already).

Here's the info on using HSBuddy for geofences: Geofencing (avglabs.net)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X