This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

The local API has only weekly and lifetime values (whToday, whLastSevenDays, whLifetime) - there's no monthly reading.

I have two options:

1. Calculate monthly value in the plugin, i.e. store whLifetime value every day (probably in database) - then I would be able to work out any value I want, i.e. there's also a request for yesterday production. That's a bit of work, but also a bit unreliable, i.e. if I miss one daily reading (i.e. when HS/plugin is down) - then all calculations will be wrong.

2. Another option - to add server API on top of local, there's a lot of data available https://developer-v4.enphase.com/docs.html but it's also a lot of work, including new OAuth 2.0 authentication.

Possibly I will add the server API eventually - it's a lot of value - but not sure when.
    I'd be fine if you want to calculate the monthly value within the plugin if that's the easier option. I'd certainly be happy with the additional server API data, but would be okay if that is a more long-term project.

Comment

I would like to also request hourly values. If both the Monthly and Hourly are calculated values vs. what's available via Enphase I would be totally okay with that.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
        I would like to also request hourly values. If both the Monthly and Hourly are calculated values vs. what's available via Enphase I would be totally okay with that.
        Do you mean last 60 minutes or from the beginning of the hour?

Comment

Do you mean last 60 minutes or from the beginning of the hour?
          I guess it would be the last 60 minutes.

Comment

I have a chart that is created using a script that takes the solar energy produced minus energy consumed to give me the net hourly consumed energy (I have two solar systems - right now my SolarEdge system is being used in the calculation - I want to be able to add the enphase system to the solarEdge values).

Comment

solar energy produced minus energy consumed = "net-consumption". You can use Device History plugin for charting.

Comment

solar energy produced minus energy consumed = "net-consumption". You can use Device History plugin for charting.
                I didn't realize there was a plugin that could handle Device history. Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, at this point, I'm too far deep into utilizing Jon00's charting utility and have a net day energy script and net hourly energy script already doing most of what I need. That's why I just wanted the hourly values. If you don't feel it's worth adding the hourly I'll see if I can create a virtual device and capture the difference of now and an hour ago lifetime for hourly. I would still like to request that you add Monthly values. I want to be able to add those to my Yearly chart - which already has monthly values from my solarEdge plugin. Thanks as always for your consideration!

Comment

I didn't realize there was a plugin that could handle Device history. Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, at this point, I'm too far deep into utilizing Jon00's charting utility and have a net day energy script and net hourly energy script already doing most of what I need. That's why I just wanted the hourly values. If you don't feel it's worth adding the hourly I'll see if I can create a virtual device and capture the difference of now and an hour ago lifetime for hourly. I would still like to request that you add Monthly values. I want to be able to add those to my Yearly chart - which already has monthly values from my solarEdge plugin. Thanks as always for your consideration!
                  Do you have both solarEdge and Enphase?

If I do add Monthly values - I might as well add Hourly. There was also a request to add yesterday production. I'm more inclined to use the Server API instead of doing local calculations.

Comment

I do have Solaredge and enphase. My first system was installed back in 2014 and is a single inverter system using solaredge. It wasn't producing enough solar for us, so this year we added the new system. Different installer and different system (enphase) with microinverters. If you could add month and hourly I would be very grateful. Getting them from the api works for me. Thanks for the consideration.

Comment

Hey alexbk66. Just checking in to see when you might have an update on adding hourly and monthly data? Thanks!

Comment

Hey alexbk66. Just checking in to see when you might have an update on adding hourly and monthly data? Thanks!
                        Not yet, since I want to use the server API - it's a bit of work. But then there will be a lot more statistics available...

Comment

Not yet, since I want to use the server API - it's a bit of work. But then there will be a lot more statistics available...
                          Understood. Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Alex,
                            Just got the app working and generally I LOVE it.
                            Although I'm a software engineer (retired), I hope that HomeSeer systems in general can become mainstream consumer electronics devices without losing their extreme flexibility and open source nature. That said, to become a mainstream electronic device they have to become so simple in their basic setup that my 80yo mother-in-law can buy and install it. A tall order I know.
                            To that end I would suggest:
                            1. Much more and clearer documentation. If such documentation exists I couldn't find it.
                              In setting up the app I had to do significant research to figure out
                              a) to give it a day or two to do auto discovery.
                              b) What FW 7.x.x was and that I needed to turn it on.
                              c) I still don't know what /when I should use home,jason monitoring. It seemed to turn on by itself when I turned on FW 7.x.x
                              d) a plain English explanation of each data element assuming the user has NO idea how the Envoy works.
                              e)What and when would I change the Security Protocol Types?
                              f)What is the use of the Zeroconf/mDNS discovery setting and when would I change it?
                              etc. etc. etc.

Think about writing documentation and onscreen prompts for someone with NO computer background.
                            2. Start all default device names with something consistent. I changed all mine to start with "E-" that way they all group together in the device list. Yes, I know they can be editied but why not make it easy out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRayAtl View Post
                              Alex,
                              Just got the app working and generally I LOVE it.
                              Although I'm a software engineer (retired), I hope that HomeSeer systems in general can become mainstream consumer electronics devices without losing their extreme flexibility and open source nature. That said, to become a mainstream electronic device they have to become so simple in their basic setup that my 80yo mother-in-law can buy and install it. A tall order I know.
                              To that end I would suggest:
                              1. Much more and clearer documentation. If such documentation exists I couldn't find it.
                                In setting up the app I had to do significant research to figure out
                                a) to give it a day or two to do auto discovery.
                                b) What FW 7.x.x was and that I needed to turn it on.
                                c) I still don't know what /when I should use home,jason monitoring. It seemed to turn on by itself when I turned on FW 7.x.x
                                d) a plain English explanation of each data element assuming the user has NO idea how the Envoy works.
                                e)What and when would I change the Security Protocol Types?
                                f)What is the use of the Zeroconf/mDNS discovery setting and when would I change it?
                                etc. etc. etc.

Think about writing documentation and onscreen prompts for someone with NO computer background.
                              2. Start all default device names with something consistent. I changed all mine to start with "E-" that way they all group together in the device list. Yes, I know they can be editied but why not make it easy out of the box.
                              You shouldn't "do significant research to figure out". Plugin should normally be plug-and-play, required configuration is documented. Undocumented options are only used with my request in case of any issues.

> to give it a day or two to do auto discovery

It must be an issue with your network/router setup. Auto discovery normally takes seconds. You may try installing Bonjour Print Services for Windows - after restarting the plugin it will automatically switch to this provider.

> What FW 7.x.x was and that I needed to turn it on

You don't "needed to turn it on" - it should be automatically detected. Since this is a pretty recent change from Envoy, and Envoy local API is not official and not documented - the switch is there in case of any issues as I said, you might want to read https://support.enphase.com/s/questi...=1663127201536

> a plain English explanation of each data element assuming the user has NO idea how the Envoy works

As I said, Envoy local API is not official and not documented - so I made the plugin work with different systems by displaying values available from the API. I don't know much about what system provides what.

> Start all default device names with something consistent

Not sure what you mean.

Comment

You shouldn't "do significant research to figure out". Plugin should normally be plug-and-play, required configuration is documented. Undocumented options are only used with my request in case of any issues.
                                Normally I would agree - but the app didn't auto config immediately. When the app didn't auto config I assumed it was because something was set wrong, so I started playing with the settings that were available and trying to find documentation on the. For example what is ZeroConf and what are the differences in monozeroconf, auto and none? I couldn't find a description of that anywhere.

It must be an issue with your network/router setup. Auto discovery normally takes seconds. You may try installing Bonjour Print Services for Windows - after restarting the plugin it will automatically switch to this provider.
                                I don't know why it didn't config immediately but I doubt it was my network (I'm retired but the last part of my working career was designing, building and maintaining large corporate networks.) I should have said that I'm on a Pi, not Windows - no Bonjour for me. And I eventually did give up and turn in for the night. Next morning discover had worked it was all setup and running. So I assumed it just took time - the first log entries from the plugin were just after 3am.

>What FW 7.x.x was and that I needed to turn it on

You don't "needed to turn it on" - it should be automatically detected. Since this is a pretty recent change from Envoy, and Envoy local API is not official and not documented - the switch is there in case of any issues as I said, you might want to read​
                                Perhaps it would help to put these settings that users shouldn't have to mess with behind a button or in a section of the screen clearly labeled "Don't change unless told to do so by support."

> Start all default device names with something consistent

Not sure what you mean.​
                                So, as initially setup, my devices were:
                                xxxxxxxxxxxx.Enpower
                                xxxxxxxxxxxx.EnvoyS
                                inverters
                                Meter.0
                                Meter.1
                                net-consumption
                                production
                                total-consumption

in the default list by "Name Asc" these get spread across the Device list with other devices in between.
                                I renamed them:
                                E-xxxxxxxxxxxx.Enpower
                                E-xxxxxxxxxxxx.EnvoyS
                                E-inverters
                                E-Meter.0
                                E-Meter.1
                                E-net-consumption
                                E-production
                                E-total-consumption​
                                so they all sort together.
                                Yes, I know I can use "room" or "floor" to group them in the device list - but other pulldowns where devices occur (such as when you setup an Event) use the default Name sort. Yes, this is picky - It would just be a nice and helpful thing to group the Devices with a naming convention the way we would use variable naming conventions in a programming language.

But I want to emphasize again - I love the app and it's working great! I have my car charger working like a champ. It starts charging when PV > 5kw and SOC > 30%. It stops charging when PV < 5kw or SOC < 20%. I also created a device to hold a variable "always charge" that I can set from my app to force the charger on.
                                But it did take me 3 days to get the plugin installed and working initially even before I started working on Events.

Just FYI, this is what I use to control my Siemen's charger. The charger has a low voltage relay control port inside that this unit controls just fine.
                                https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                                X