No announcement yet.

Amps not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had a long call with Enphase. They said my system is setup correctly for the split phase and its all reporting correctly. Then I showed them the output json. The math literally doesn't make sense.

"apprntPwr" divided by the "rmsVoltage" should equal the "rmsCurrent" (Watts/Voltage=Amps)

which in my json it doesn't. He says thats a API output error that we need to contact API@Enphase.com to help with.

He said the funny part is the CT's are collecting the AMPs and the math is producing the KW number which is right in enlighten, the API and everywhere. So he said it's just an API output error.

When I tried to tell him that I was the only one having this problem he didn't have a response but assured me my system was setup correctly (they are located in CA as am I so they are used to the split 120v).

I'm going to search your forums for others that have posted their JSON outputs and see if everyone's math makes sense but I'm assuming I'm not the only one just the one that has noticed. Maybe everyone with 3 phase doesn't have this issue. But If I could get my hands on some other output JSONS of people in the US with split phase 240v systems we could find out real quick.

If your going to make another child device that would be great. I might also have some other requests for a child device. Under "net-Consumption" I watch the "WhToday" but what I think I really want to see I guess would be "net-Production"? The opposite of what you have now along with different icons if your ahead or behind for the day(week,Lifetime). Similar to the enlighten chart(graphic) in the app or website I can see my net imported for the day at a glance with different colors if I have produced more then I used or used more then I produced. Right now I look at that "net-consumption WhToday" but its backwards of what I want to see and has the same icon for a negative number or positive.

Thanks,
    JIM

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      If they can't fix it - it's easier if I add the devices in the plugin. Let me know,
      I'm looking through the forums at the data output other people have posted when you asked them too..... I'm not the only one with this issue.

He's also from California USA like me, post#3 his production math is off like mine.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/en...88#post1449588

Also from USA post #6 same doubled amps
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/en...77#post1426477

So I feel comfortable in saying that it's not just me it's just I'm the only one looking at it and reporting it. Might just be split phase USA homes only though. Maybe 3 phase don't have this issue.

I have sent an email about the issue to API@enphase.com not sure what that out come will be.

Comment

I also suggest Envoy forums, I'm sure there should be more info

https://community.enphase.com/s/arti...unity-Overview
        https://forum.pvoutput.org/c/inverters/enphase/28

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          I have sent an email about the issue to API@enphase.com not sure what that out come will be.
          Just note that the official Enphase API is cloud based, the local JSON API is unofficial

https://developer.enphase.com/docs

Comment

Just note that the official Enphase API is cloud based, the local JSON API is unofficial

https://developer.enphase.com/docs
            On my phone call to Enphase they did say it was unofficial and likely to not get fixed but to send an email anyways. So who knows but probley unlikely.

At this point I have already shown data that it's not only my system with this issue and that it's probley not gonna get fixed due to being unofficial..... So I'm at a stopping point in my investigation unless you need something else from me.

Comment

On my phone call to Enphase they did say it was unofficial and likely to not get fixed but to send an email anyways. So who knows but probley unlikely.
              At this point I have already shown data that it's not only my system with this issue and that it's probley not gonna get fixed due to being unofficial..... So I'm at a stopping point in my investigation unless you need something else from me.
              So you think we just wait for the reply, or you want me to add some configurable conversion for the current device?

Comment

So you think we just wait for the reply, or you want me to add some configurable conversion for the current device?
                I have already created "consumption amps" and "Production Amps" virtual devices and two events with scripts. They update when the watts update and its simple math of watts device divided by Current voltage device and rounded to 2 decimals.

So for me I made my own work around already it was the easiest and only solution that's in my control.

Enphase is not likely to push an envoy firmware update for all envoys to fix this problem anytime soon, if ever so I wouldn't wait for them. I have not seen the JSON for any 3 phase units but so far all dual phase seems to be wrong. I'm not an expert on 3 phase but the math should be the same if you do create a new child device it should work for everyone.

Thanks,
                JIM

Comment

I'll check other forums

Comment

I'll check other forums
                    Were you able to find anything?

I have not heard back from Enphase API team and likely won't.

My events and virtual devices to fix the amp readings has been working fine for myself.

Comment

Were you able to find anything? I have not heard back from Enphase API team and likely won't. My events and virtual devices to fix the amp readings has been working fine for myself.
                      No, I wasn't looking, sorry. If anybody else confirm, I can add workaround in the plugin.

Comment

It's been awhile, just wondering if it's still an issue and anything needs to be done?

Comment

It's been awhile, just wondering if it's still an issue and anything needs to be done?
                          I never heard anything back, my own created devices and logic has been working fine and since then I have expanded my solar to included batteries (DIY Powerwall, not Enphase) and started using Iotawatt to get better/more data and charts on power generation and consumption around my house so I have moved some of my logic and such to use that data vs. the enphase plugin data.

So I'm not in any need myself for this to get fixed and seems no one else has said anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X