Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after update to latest version no realtime values.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after update to latest version no realtime values.

Hi,

Everything was fine with your plugin until I updated it to its latest version. ( I know : never change a running system...)
    But now the values don't refresh anymore. When I restart the plugin The values are fine.
    But after a few minutes the icon of inverter xxxxxxxxx.CTRL changes in a questionmark and there are errors in the log.(attached)

Is it possible to go back tot the previous version?
    If that is so, I can see if it works without error.

Else there is something else wrong in connecting.
    I can connect to my envoy in my browser.
    ....api/v1/production/inverters gives all the values...

Thanks in advance for your time.
    René
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1534759

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1534760
    Attached Files

The log says operation timeout, so it looks like it can't connect. Which usually means wrong IP address. In the latest version I added config switch HTTP/HTTPS - by default HTTPS should be disabled - can you check?

Also when you say that it works from the browser - do you use HTTP or HTTPS?

I'll check more tomorrow, and try to post older version - do you know which one it was?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

HTTPS is disabled.
      In browser I use http (see attachment)
      I think it was version 4.0.0.16 or one later 4.0.0.18
      Now I have the latest 4.0.0.19

Name:	image_110965.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1534798

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.20 (BETA) - Configurable comms timeout / retries

I didn't have the problem because I have Ethernet cable connected to Envoy. But when using WiFi I did get timeouts sometimes. Default Timeout is 5 sec, increasing the Timeout to 10 sec seems to fix the problem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-04-02 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	1534868

Comment

So I gave it try...
          After installing it did work fine for a few minutes (it refreshed one time after ca 15 minutes) and then the errors started again (see log)
          After restarting SYSTEM everything works fine for some minutes....But then again timeouts
          Now I am writing this restart didn't stop errors anymore....

In my browser I have acces to the api/v1/production/inverters without problem. every 15 minutes changing values...

It would be nice if I could use the previous version , then we can eliminate some possibilities.
          Attached Files

Comment

And I have now my Envoy connected with ethernet. No change timeouts again....

Comment

I created file for manual update (attached). You need to extract both files in HS root folder, then go to Plugins => Add and you should be able to install the file.

Remember to delete the files from the root folder after.

Attached Files

Comment

Can you please post the config screenshot for 4.0.0.20 (before installing 4.0.0.16)

Comment

So This morning I looked in the log and saw timouts.
                  Envoy is with ethernet now...
                  I restarted (still running 4.0.0.20beta and running without errors!
                  Now when I was writing this message ....again timeout errors (see logfile)
                  I looked in the plugin config page and I saw envoy connected with wifi again!
                  After changing it to the ethernet adress the timeouts were gone immadiately.
                  So it must be a problem with my wifi!

I have since one month a new internet provider and I think thats the problem.
                  But because at first I didn't have problems after changing provider and the problem arised after updating , I wasn't thinking that direction.

For now I leave my system running and wil try out if it is possible to lower the "Comms Timeout"
                  And I have to find a way to don't let my envouy connect with wifi.

Thanks for your work and error finding!

René

Name:	image_111019a.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1535056

Comment

And one question...
                    When I change my envoy in a metered one do i have more frequent value updates from the inverters than once every 15 minutes?

kind regards
                    René

Comment

and I just discovered that when I connect locally in my browser with my ENVOY the timeouts appear again...
                      But I rarely do that....so for now no problem. 😉

Comment

Polling period is set to 10 seconds, not 15 minutes. 15 minutes is update interval for Envoy remote API, not Local.

I notices I also do get timeouts.

I suggest reducing "Comms Timeout" to 2-3 sec - because if it can't connect - longer timeout doesn't help anyway.
                        But increase "Retry Sends" to 3, and "Delay between sends" to 500.

Seems to work better.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.25 - Force closing connection after each send, which could be the issue if it kept open.

Comment

Working...
                          X