No announcement yet.

Panels producing but CTRL grid says 0w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please check the urls from post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...31#post1556831 - you can just try them in the browser and see if there's any useful info. It can be something I'm missing, because the replies depend on how the Envoy is setup.

I'm not sure you can install CTs yourself, the CTs usually come with the Envoy pre-calibrated, they even should have your Envoy S/N on them. And possibly the Envoy should be re-programmed to read the CTs. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Please check the urls from post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...31#post1556831 - you can just try them in the browser and see if there's any useful info. It can be something I'm missing, because the replies depend on how the Envoy is setup.

I'm not sure you can install CTs yourself, the CTs usually come with the Envoy pre-calibrated, they even should have your Envoy S/N on them. And possibly the Envoy should be re-programmed to read the CTs. Not sure.
      Okay. I'll check the post. Thanks for sharing. As for the CTs. The instructions I found and read online seem to indicate that no calibration is necessary. See the video that I found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75M...ntDistribution

I went ahead and sent a response to their "canned" message regarding authentication. This is what I said:

"Hi. Thanks for the response. The issue is NOT whether to use a security
      token or not, but the way you implemented the security token. The proper way
      is to provide a token API for authentication. Instead, you are using some
      sort of cookie/website authentication which can easily break if you make
      changes to your website - and it has in the past.

My request is that you please properly implement the security token via a
      token API. As users, we expect a secure experience just like you do. All we
      ask is that security process be implemented in a best-practices way."

Hopefully that clarifies our position/frustration.

UPDATE: I also reached out to Enphase directly again to get more clarity on the Consumption CTs vs Production CT. I spoke to a Level 2 tech and he said that production data should be coming from the Production CT. No production data would be coming from the Consumption CTs. He said that it looks like there is something wrong with mine. It wasn't even activated. It still wasn't reporting data though after that. So I had to call the installer and left a message about the issue. It sounds like either they forgot to install the Production CT, it was installed wrong OR it's just bad.

But just for everyone's clarity. The production CT is the one that sends the production data NOT the Consumption CTs. I will report an update once I can get my installer to look at the issue. Thought you'd like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
        The production CT is the one that sends the production data NOT the Consumption CTs
        That's kind of obvious? Production CT is for the production data, Consumption CTs are for Consumption.

It sounds like either they forgot to install the Production CT, it was installed wrong OR it's just bad
        In you log you do have production data (see post #21), also you can try the installer app - in the video you linked it should show the production.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-21 150020.png Views:	0 Size:	177.6 KB ID:	1567219

The instructions I found and read online seem to indicate that no calibration is necessary
        I misunderstood, it's only for the production CT, from from https://enphase.com/blog/professiona...solar-installs :

The Enphase Production Monitoring CT can’t be replaced with an off-the-shelf production CT, since each one is calibrated to and paired with an Envoy right at the factory
        My request is that you please properly implement the security token via a token API
        That's usual reply form the support who don't bother providing exact info. That's the whole point of the discussion on the Enphase support forum I linked before with almost 700 posts.

You can try asking them to point to the API docs?

Comment

That's kind of obvious? Production CT is for the production data, Consumption CTs are for Consumption.

In you log you do have production data (see post #21), also you can try the installer app - in the video you linked it should show the production.

I misunderstood, it's only for the production CT, from from https://enphase.com/blog/professiona...solar-installs :

That's usual reply form the support who don't bother providing exact info. That's the whole point of the discussion on the Enphase support forum I linked before with almost 700 posts.

You can try asking them to point to the API docs?
          I opened my combiner and sure enough, I have no wires going through the Production CT. That would explain why I'm not getting the data I should be getting. I left a message for the installer. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon. I've been waiting since March on this system. I also got a reply that they will forward my request re: the security token suggestion to the appropriate team. Not sure what that will do, but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Okay. So after back and forth with my installer, they are going to come next week to setup the Production CT. Here's the weird part: Production data does appear in the consumer app (day of the week, days, months etc.) but from an API or professional prospective that data only seems to exist when the Production CT is installed. When I spoke to the installer they said that since most of their customers are seeing the "data" they don't bother setting up the Production CT. I explained that I have a smart home system and need the data. Thankfully they didn't fight me on it. It is really strange how Enphase has segmented out their data to customers. The production CT from what I understand is part of the system from the factory - it's not an add-on. So why would they segment out production data with and without the Production CT?

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else runs into something similar. As soon as I get the Production CT installed I will update this post.

Comment

My request is that you please properly implement the security token via a token API
              Any update on what "token API" they are referring to?

Comment

Any update on what "token API" they are referring to?
                Unfortunately no. I'm not expecting to get any response on if or will make any changes to their token process. Hopefully enough people complain about how it was implemented they will relent. Since you seem to know more about how it is currently implemented and how it should be implemented, I would recommend/suggest that you write something up and post it here so we can collectively bug them about the same thing. We can also pass the info onto Home Assistant users and get them on board. That way there's consistency and in greater numbers. I think this would be the most effective way of getting their attention. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Unfortunately no. I'm not expecting to get any response on if or will make any changes to their token process. Hopefully enough people complain about how it was implemented they will relent. Since you seem to know more about how it is currently implemented and how it should be implemented, I would recommend/suggest that you write something up and post it here so we can collectively bug them about the same thing. We can also pass the info onto Home Assistant users and get them on board. That way there's consistency and in greater numbers. I think this would be the most effective way of getting their attention. Just a suggestion.
                  I'm asking because they did mention "token API" - so I just wonder that it may actually exist, but I'm just not aware?

Comment

I'm asking because they did mention "token API" - so I just wonder that it may actually exist, but I'm just not aware?
                    That was my language.

This was my message to them:

Hi. Thanks for the response. The issue is NOT whether to use a security token or not, but the way you implemented the security token. The proper way is to provide a token API for authentication. Instead, you are using some sort of cookie/website authentication which can easily break if you make changes to your website - and it has in the past.

My request is that you please properly implement the security token via a token API. As users, we expect a secure experience just like you do. All we ask is that security process be implemented in a best-practices way.
                    They only gave me the same canned response you mentioned in an earlier post. They thanked me for my information and would "forward it to the appropriate team to improve their process". Something like that was their response.

Comment

I was hoping they do have the API

Comment

I was hoping they do have the API
                        Yeah. Sorry to disappoint. Me too. I'm hoping if we keep nagging them about it that they will implement it properly.

Comment

Just a reminder, in case your installer asks you to pay for the production CT:

A production meter is included with all Envoy-S Metered purchases. The Enphase Production Monitoring CT can’t be replaced with an off-the-shelf production CT, since each one is calibrated to and paired with an Envoy right at the factory.

Comment

Regarding adding the token based login which broke the local access. I really respect how Logitech reacted to the automation community 17 Dec 2018 - when they decided to disable local access in the Harmony Hub and pushed FW update without notifying the users, and suddenly one day all automation systems were broken.

21 Dec (just in 4 days!) Logitech has announced that it has introduced an XMPP Beta Program that makes it possible to install a developer firmware version which reinstates the XMPP API.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...y-hub-systems/

Comment

Just a reminder, in case your installer asks you to pay for the production CT:
                              Thanks for the heads up on that. Yeah, I had read that too. I'm ready for a fight just in case that happens, but hopeful it won't

Comment

Regarding adding the token based login which broke the local access. I really respect how Logitech reacted to the automation community 17 Dec 2018 - when they decided to disable local access in the Harmony Hub and pushed FW update without notifying the users, and suddenly one day all automation systems were broken.

21 Dec (just in 4 days!) Logitech has announced that it has introduced an XMPP Beta Program that makes it possible to install a developer firmware version which reinstates the XMPP API.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...y-hub-systems/
                                Interesting. Let's see how responsive they are if we can must more people to reach out to them. I'd like to see if I can get a manager above Level 2 on the phone. Maybe I can make some progress with them. At least Enphase is pretty response with tech support. Other than the fairly long phone wait, every time I was able to easily get to a Level 2 tech and not fight with a Level 1 - who just reads off a script. I suspect some companies try hard to keep their customers away from the higher level techs because it costs them more $$ and won't be surprised if the Level 1 techs are given very specific instructions on when it's okay to refer the customer to a higher up.

Comment

Working...
                                X