Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wNow for Production and Inverters value is not reporting wattage in status field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wNow for Production and Inverters value is not reporting wattage in status field

Hey alexbk66. I finally got my Production CT installed and running properly. I was about to start integrating the data with my smart home and tablet but noticed something a bit weird with the wNow devices for both Production and Inverters. For those two the "value" field does not contain the wattage (only in the status field with a label). However if you look at the whToday you have the wattage in both value and status. See attached images. Can you please have the values match the status for wNow devices? I want to be able to use the wNow value to track current production throughout the day.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	ProductionWhToday.png Views:	9 Size:	42.6 KB ID:	1569964Click image for larger version  Name:	invertersWNow.png Views:	9 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	1569965Click image for larger version  Name:	productionWNow.png Views:	8 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	1569966

I'm not home at the moment, can you please check the Status/Graphics for the offending devices - what is -2147482659? I think it should be "consuming", I set the device value to this state first, then it should change to the actual value, i.e. 3235.

Also please post the logs which might help.

[EDIT]

Also post screenshot of Status/Graphics for the offending devices

Comment

Attached is the log (trace) and posted a grab of the status/graphics (it's the same issue for both wNow devices).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ProductionWNowGfx.png
Views:	91
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1570148

Comment

As you can see the value is the "Status" of the wNow state (ie producing) not the actual value of watts produced. Ideally, I would like to see the watts in both the value and status (you have this behavior in your "whToday​" device. I would like to have the same behavior. If you want to have a status still can we have a separate device that reports the status of the system instead of combining it with the wNow one, which would also be extremely useful? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
          As you can see the value is the "Status" of the wNow state (ie producing) not the actual value of watts produced. Ideally, I would like to see the watts in both the value and status (you have this behavior in your "whToday​" device. I would like to have the same behavior. If you want to have a status still can we have a separate device that reports the status of the system instead of combining it with the wNow one, which would also be extremely useful? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
          It's supposed to behave this way, but looks like there's some issue. I'll check the log.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

It's supposed to behave this way, but looks like there's some issue. I'll check the log.
            Okay. Please do. The issue for me from a functional state is I need to be able to grab the value from wNow so I can chart it and use it in some calculations for a script I'm using to calculate my net energy usage. Also, I need the status of the system available separately so I can display the system status in my smart home tablet etc. Would it make more sense to break up wNow into two separate devices? One for the status of the system and one dedicated to the current wNow watts value?

Comment

Also, I need the status of the system available separately so I can display the system status in my smart home tablet etc. Would it make more sense to break up wNow into two separate devices? One for the status of the system and one dedicated to the current wNow watts value?
              That's how it's supposed to work - the device "value" is just the number you can use in calculations. The device "status" string you can use in the UI. Like it works for device 4042. Something just doesn't work correctly for two other devices.

grab the value from wNow so I can chart it and use it in some calculations for a script I'm using to calculate my net energy usage.
              ​
              I still need to implement energy API in this plugin - then the values will be stored in HS database and you should be able to use HS energy functionality.

Comment

That's how it's supposed to work - the device "value" is just the number you can use in calculations. The device "status" string you can use in the UI. Like it works for device 4042. Something just doesn't work correctly for two other devices.

​
                I still need to implement energy API in this plugin - then the values will be stored in HS database and you should be able to use HS energy functionality.
                Okay. Sounds good. As for the energy API - I'm actually using Jon00's charting utility, and not really leaning on the HS native energy functionality, so for me personally that's not a priority. Understood that the wNow devices are currently having issues. Thanks for looking into them at your earliest convenience.

Comment

Hey alexbk66. Just checking in. Any update on the wNow device fix? Thanks!

Comment

Not yet

Comment

Ver 4.0.4.18 - Set root devices (wNow) to actual power reading, not "producing" or "consuming"

begunfx you were right, I was setting the device value to "producing" or "consuming", not the actual value.

Some users may use "producing" or "consuming" state which will be a problem, but hopefully not.

Comment

Ver 4.0.4.18 - Set root devices (wNow) to actual power reading, not "producing" or "consuming"

begunfx you were right, I was setting the device value to "producing" or "consuming", not the actual value.

Some users may use "producing" or "consuming" state which will be a problem, but hopefully not.
                        Cool! Thank you so much for fixing this. I would imagine it would be a fairly easy fix if users need to make some corrections on their side.

Comment

Cool! Thank you so much for fixing this. I would imagine it would be a fairly easy fix if users need to make some corrections on their side.
                          Does it work for you?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to test it yet been busy with my baby daughter. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow and report back. Thanks again for looking into it.

Comment

Looks like it's working as expected now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X