Would like to try this out on my Enphase equipped Sunpower system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to try this out on my Enphase equipped Sunpower system

I haven't studied all sticky threads but I presume this should work on our Sunpower Enphase equipped PV system with PV6 monitor. I installed plug-in but seem to be stuck @ registering/ requesting a trial license: " CRITICAL: Either no license or trial expired". Clicking on "here" to request trial license (Plugin Registration for AK EnphaseEnvoy) takes me to Software Plugins page on shop.homeseer.com.

Although plugin is enabled, AK EnphaseEnvoy Plugin is not nested underneath HS4 Plugins drop-down so I'm not sure where to go from here, e.g. configuration. What have I overlooked? I appreciate any guidance here. Thank-you in advance!

I'm not responsible for licensing, you should contact HS support.

Comment

Do you have Envoy? I don't communicate with PVS6 (although it's possible) - the plugin communicates with the Envoy.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        Do you have Envoy? I don't communicate with PVS6 (although it's possible) - the plugin communicates with the Envoy.
        I don't have Envoy but always wondered if direct communication with the micro-inverters is possible and/or practical before being aware of the Enphase Envoy plugin. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the Envoy is a combiner panel with monitoring built in. I believe I'm seen it in use although don't recall it being being referred to Envoy. Unfortunately, the Sunpower app is fairly dumbed down & mainly useful for viewing aggregate real-time generation & consumption, history, etc.

My goal is to automate some HVAC & appliance functions depending on PV generation with further consideration of Time-Of-Use. I am currently experimenting with events triggered by solar radiation reported from our weather station but this is only a work-around as I'm basing events off of solar radiation, not PV generation - not to mention considerable latency of doing it this way.

I am aware of an installer portal on our PV6 that, with a Raspberry Pi, can probably provide the info I am after - greater detail on the operation of our system, e.g. individual inverter production. While I'm not surprised there isn't an HS4 plugin to work with PV6, I'd hoped that the Enphase Envoy app might save me some time & present our PV data in HS4 without too much pain.

I'll work on the trial license w/ HS and see how it goes.

Cheers,
        -Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gordomatic View Post

I don't have Envoy but always wondered if direct communication with the micro-inverters is possible and/or practical before being aware of the Enphase Envoy plugin. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the Envoy is a combiner panel with monitoring built in. I believe I'm seen it in use although don't recall it being being referred to Envoy. Unfortunately, the Sunpower app is fairly dumbed down & mainly useful for viewing aggregate real-time generation & consumption, history, etc.

My goal is to automate some HVAC & appliance functions depending on PV generation with further consideration of Time-Of-Use. I am currently experimenting with events triggered by solar radiation reported from our weather station but this is only a work-around as I'm basing events off of solar radiation, not PV generation - not to mention considerable latency of doing it this way.

I am aware of an installer portal on our PV6 that, with a Raspberry Pi, can probably provide the info I am after - greater detail on the operation of our system, e.g. individual inverter production. While I'm not surprised there isn't an HS4 plugin to work with PV6, I'd hoped that the Enphase Envoy app might save me some time & present our PV data in HS4 without too much pain.

I'll work on the trial license w/ HS and see how it goes.

Cheers,
          -Gordon
          The answer is "yes". I think only Envoy provides individual inverter/panel info.

[EDIT]

Since you said "I don't have Envoy" - how are you expecting "Enphase Envoy app might save me some time"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-10-03 (2).png Views:	0 Size:	162.0 KB ID:	1592165

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

The answer is "yes". I think only Envoy provides individual inverter/panel info.

[EDIT]

Since you said "I don't have Envoy" - how are you expecting "Enphase Envoy app might save me some time"?
            We don't have an Envoy but do have the PV6 that I would imagine employs some of the same communication fundamentals as the Envoy. At the moment, I lack the resources to do any deep dives for this project, but I should probably look elsewhere for my solution. Thanks for providing some insight to your plugin alexbk66!

Comment

Originally posted by gordomatic View Post

We don't have an Envoy but do have the PV6 that I would imagine employs some of the same communication fundamentals as the Envoy. At the moment, I lack the resources to do any deep dives for this project, but I should probably look elsewhere for my solution. Thanks for providing some insight to your plugin alexbk66!
              Envoy and PVS6 are completely different unfortunately. And I don't own PVS6 to test.

But I could add PVS6 (probably separate plugin) if there's sufficient interest and desire to test

Comment

Working...
              X