X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NP. Feel free to remind me.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

That's a good point, I'll add more per calendar configuration, after porting to HS4, which takes time
      Do you have a rough date for the HS4 version? I'm keen to buy this plugin but not until its a native HS4 plugin.
      Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post

Do you have a rough date for the HS4 version? I'm keen to buy this plugin but not until its a native HS4 plugin.
        Cheers!
        I just realesed first port - AKGoogleCast, now working on AKShelly. Then I might do AKGoogleCalendar.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
          Don't know if this has been up for discussion before but I have a need to have the Calendar Event string split up so that the event name, weekday, date, month and time are split up in separate devices. In this way it would be much easier to get a custom layout in HS Touch when presenting events.

I realize that it would mean that many more devices have to be created, but i see it working in for example the YR Weather plugin which is very customisable.

Hello,

I wanted to check in on this feature request and the other one about having the date/time before the event name.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
            Hello, I wanted to check in on this feature request and the other one about having the date/time before the event name. Thanks!
            Thanks for reminding.
            I don't like having separate devices for each part (unless absolutely necessary), I think it's better to have configurable format for single device.

I'm open for suggestions.

Comment

I'm guessing that having "child devices" is still devices. While I'd prefer this way, I can see how it can quickly be ALOT of devices, haha. I think I can make it work with more configuration to the format.

Comment

I'm guessing that having "child devices" is still devices. While I'd prefer this way, I can see how it can quickly be ALOT of devices, haha. I think I can make it work with more configuration to the format.
                Feel free to describe how you see that?

Comment

Oh, just as the others have described.

Ideally I'd like the date and time to be separate so when arranging in HSTouch (or other dashboards) you have complete control of the layout and looks.

But if we can't do that, then having the date/time before the Event Name would allow for more organizing of the events on the dashboard.

Comment

So, ideally you suggest for each event have 3 devices (1) Description, (2) Date, (3) Time?

I can implement anything, just can't imagine how it's gonna look

Click image for larger version  Name:	main - Copy.png Views:	0 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	1486513

[EDIT]

Another option would be to have separate root devices for each calendar - for (1) Description devices, (2) Date devices, (3) Time devices

Comment

I'm not sure how the implementation of having separate root or event devices would work, but I'd be happy to test them out for you!

Comment

I'm not sure how the implementation of having separate root or event devices would work, but I'd be happy to test them out for you!
                        Hmm, it's a lot of work, just to find out that it's not what you want...

Comment

Can you explain how the difference between the event and root devices would be if you separated them?

Comment

Can you explain how the difference between the event and root devices would be if you separated them?
                            I mean in one root there will be only event descriptions, other root will host events dates/times. I still don't like the idea. And I appreciate if users could describe their ideal view on this.

Comment

So I played around with Node-Red some more and I think this will work for me:

I created a sequence to split the calendar status into two virtual devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleCalendarSplit01.png
Views:	93
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	1487103

And then here are the virtual devices in HS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoogleCalendarSplit02.png
Views:	83
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1487104

I think I'll be able to make this work to populate my Dashboards the way I want!

Comment

So I played around with Node-Red some more and I think this will work for me:

I created a sequence to split the calendar status into two virtual devices:

And then here are the virtual devices in HS:

I think I'll be able to make this work to populate my Dashboards the way I want!
                                I can implement this in my plugin - if the date/time is in one device, then amount of devices will double. I can make it configurable per calendar maybe, or single plugin setting should suffice?

Comment

Working...
                                X