• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Please comment here

Just a side note on Linux:

The folder in the picture have '' \ ''.

I think in Linux it should be '' / ''.

I had to move all the content of - 'html\images\Devices\' - into the appropriate folder to get the .png in the devices.

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer# cd 'html\images\Devices\'

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# ls
    addressbook.contacts.png afjgrjtjh3ga31n704j41cve18.png fr.canadian.holiday.png m----g---------o.png matt---------n.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cp addressbook.contacts.png /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/addressbook.contacts.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cp afjgrjtjh3ga31n704j41cve18.png
    /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/afjgrjtjh3ga31n704j41cve18.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cp fr.canadian.holiday.png /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/fr.canadian.holiday.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cp m----g---------o.png /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/m----g---------o.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cp matt---------n.png /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/matt---------n.png

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html\images\Devices\# cd /HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/

myUser@DOMAIN:/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices# ls
    addressbook.contacts.png fr.canadian.holiday.png Image-Not-Selected_small.png m----g---------o.png Weather-Logo.png Z-Wave
    afjgrjtjh3ga31n704j41cve18.png Image-Not-Selected.png jon00 matt---------n.png Weather-Logo-small.png

myUser@DOMAIN:~# rm -rf /HomeSeer/'html\images\Devices\'
    Attached Files

Comment

it's probably a subject for a separate post, not "Feature Requests".
      I'll fix ASAP. It's really hard with HS on Linux because some paths strings are used by HS itself which is Windows based even on Linux, so sometimes it doesn't understand forward slash...

Comment

Version 1.0.0.4 in Beta section should fix the slash issue.
        After uploading the version I realised that I changed the image path from html/images/Devices to html/AKGoogleCalendar (for consistency with my other plugins - I'm using the same base code for all). Sorry. But you can easily delete all AKGoogleCalendar devices and the plugin will recreate them after restart (disable-enable).
        Of course you can manually move the icons (again) to the new folder - but then you won't really test the slash issue.

Comment

before you also mentioned that you would like
          so you could create trigerS like if there are more than (1-2-3-4) Google calendar(GC) events today fire the event .
          if there are two GC events tomorows ..etc
          Do you still want this trigger?

Comment

Also, is it necessary to add an option to existing triggers "if text contains..."?
            Personally how I use it - I create different calendars in Google and then select these calendars in different triggers in HS. I.e. one Calendar for important events I want the notification in HS, another for not important without HS notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              Version 1.0.0.4 in Beta section should fix the slash issue.
              After uploading the version I realised that I changed the image path from html/images/Devices to html/AKGoogleCalendar (for consistency with my other plugins - I'm using the same base code for all). Sorry. But you can easily delete all AKGoogleCalendar devices and the plugin will recreate them after restart (disable-enable).
              Of course you can manually move the icons (again) to the new folder - but then you won't really test the slash issue.
              yes this is resolved thanks !

Comment

before you also mentioned that you would like
                Do you still want this trigger?
                Yes

Comment

Also, is it necessary to add an option to existing triggers "if text contains..."?
                  Personally how I use it - I create different calendars in Google and then select these calendars in different triggers in HS. I.e. one Calendar for important events I want the notification in HS, another for not important without HS notifications.
                  I think , to give this option would be beneficial for users. ''if a calendar contains'' doctor, trigger 25 minutes before, 1 hours etc.
                  The possibiliti to do all this directly via the plugin would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    so you could create trigerS like if there are more than (1-2-3-4) Google calendar(GC) events today fire the event .
                    if there are two GC events tomorows ..etc
                    So you have 3 events today, but I'm not sure when you want to trigger the event? Looks like you need to set specific time for the trigger too?
                    Or probably this should be a "Condition", not "Trigger" - then you set the trigger additionally, i.e. "Time is 10:00" and "There's 3 GC events today".

Comment

So you have 3 events today, but I'm not sure when you want to trigger the event? Looks like you need to set specific time for the trigger too?
                      Or probably this should be a "Condition", not "Trigger" - then you set the trigger additionally, i.e. "Time is 10:00" and "There's 3 GC events today".
                      i didn't think about it that much... But yes a condition is the logical path.

Edit:

I think it sould be:

1- Let the user chose an amount of events. ( if the gc events= n )
                      2- if there is less than ''n'' number of gc events
                      3-if there are less than ''n'' numbers of gc event.

Comment

In Ver 1.0.0.5 (in Beta) I added "Number of Calendar Events exceeds" - both Trigger and Condition work.
                        I didn't think that other conditions (i.e. "exact number of events" or "less than number") could be useful - I want to minimise complexity if possible.
                        But as usual - I can add them if necessary.

Comment

In ver. 1.0.0.6 (Beta) I added "Including text" option

Comment

In ver. 1.0.0.6 (Beta) I added "Including text" option

Questions:

-The trigger use the time in the string of the device to fire ?

- Does the text needs to be exact ? ex: gc event is ''my doc appointment'' , and i enter ''my appointment'' plugin text field. What would happen?

Request 1:

1. I think an option ''exact match ( two/ three words that follow each other for ex. ) is found somewhere in the name '' and another one for ''contains ( ex. my appointment'' would be good add.

2. Not targeting only the name of the event would be nice too. So the ability to trigger based on the name|description|place|all ..etc. ( user s electable)

Request 2 :

1.1 A feature I would need /like is the ability to trigger BEFORE the GC event happens....
                            1.2 triggering 10-20 min etc.. AFTER the GC event start could be accomplished with a ''wait,' action.. But that would be a nice add too. I do not like to keep my event in a ''wait state''

-A added Day/Hour/Min/sec box would be nice. ( -/+ Day/Hour/Min/sec the gc event happen)

2. Same thing as 1.1 and 1.2 but targeting the end of the event.

3. ability to trigger when an event ends.

So you have 6 MOMENTS related to a GC event that could serve as a trigger. ( I present them chronologically)

1. (-) Day/Hour/Min/sec before the event starts
                            2. When the events starts
                            3. (+) Day/Hour/Min/sec after the event starts ( I guess days is a little to much here.. but for consistency... lol)
                            4. (-) Day/Hour/Min/sec before the event ends ( same comment as 3 for days)
                            5. When the events end
                            6. (+) Day/Hour/Min/sec after the event ends

Comment

-The trigger use the time in the string of the device to fire ?
                              Not sure what you mean? I compare event time with current computer time.
                              Why?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	1311683

Code:
                              protected override bool CheckEventShouldTrigger(Event ev, TimeSpan Tolerance)
                              {
                                  DateTime? timeStart = IGCal.GetDateTime(ev, start: true);
                                  return timeStart <= DateTime.Now + Tolerance;
                              }

- Does the text needs to be exact ? ex: gc event is ''my doc appointment'' , and i enter ''my appointment'' plugin text field. What would happen?
                              Yeah - text has to be exact and case sensitive.
                              Code:
                              trigger = ev.Summary.Contains(IncludingText)
                              I can add trigger for, say list of words, just don't think it's necessary - it's easy to write exact words in the event summary
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X