This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexbk66

I would like to create an event and use Google Calendar as a condition instead of a trigger. Every morning I have an event that sends a WOL to two computers, but I would like one of conditions of that event to test if there is a Google Calendar event with specific words, is that something that could be added to the plugin?

Example:
    If the time is 7:45AM
    And If Geofency Joe Home is Near
    And If the day of the week is a weekday
    And If Virtual Status Holiday Today has a value equal to No Holiday
    And If Google Calendar Today doesn't equal "Day Off"

Then set Joe PC to WOL

Thank you!
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
      alexbk66

I would like to create an event and use Google Calendar as a condition instead of a trigger. Every morning I have an event that sends a WOL to two computers, but I would like one of conditions of that event to test if there is a Google Calendar event with specific words, is that something that could be added to the plugin?

Example:
      If the time is 7:45AM

Then set Joe PC to WOL

Thank you!
      I think that was working in HS3 version, I need to check what's happening in HS4 version

Comment

alexbk66I would like to create an event and use Google Calendar as a condition instead of a trigger. Every morning I have an event that sends a WOL to two computers, but I would like one of conditions of that event to test if there is a Google Calendar event with specific words, is that something that could be added to the plugin?

Example:

Actually, what condition exactly do you want to check? Any event in the calendar?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Actually, what condition exactly do you want to check? Any event in the calendar?
          Well, the more I think about your question, that's a good question.

If I'm searching the Today Calendar for "Day Off" I think that ANY event makes the most sense. What do you think? I'm trying to think about how others might want to use this condition as well. For other calendars other than the Today and Tomorrow I don't think it would make sense because it just grabs the next X number of events, in my case 5.

For me, it would be nice to be able to add a Calendar Event to Google and be able to affect several events in HS.
          Example:
          1) Wife Day Off, Me Day Off - Depending on who had day off certain events would trigger.
          2) Guest staying with us between specific days/times - Triggers events specific to a "Guest Present" virtual device.
          3) Vacation Day - Triggers specific Vacation events.

1) If I test "ANY event with text" as a condition in a HS event and the Today Calendar Event hasn't started yet, would the event still trigger?

2) If you did a search on ANY event does it search all text for the words in the "With Text" field? Example, With Text = "Day Off", would it trigger on "Chicken Day Cook Off"? or do the words have to be in succession?

3) If I wanted to have a condition for the Holiday Calendar to see if Today/Tomorrow was a specific Holiday (With Text="Labor Day", "Halloween" etc.) does the Holiday move to the "Today Calendar" or stay in the "Holiday Calendar"?

It would be nice if there were the options for this condition of "equals" / "Does not equal".

What do you think about these ideas?
          Plugin's:

Comment

Well, the more I think about your question, that's a good question.

If I'm searching the Today Calendar for "Day Off" I think that ANY event makes the most sense. What do you think? I'm trying to think about how others might want to use this condition as well. For other calendars other than the Today and Tomorrow I don't think it would make sense because it just grabs the next X number of events, in my case 5.

For me, it would be nice to be able to add a Calendar Event to Google and be able to affect several events in HS.
            Example:
            1) Wife Day Off, Me Day Off - Depending on who had day off certain events would trigger.
            2) Guest staying with us between specific days/times - Triggers events specific to a "Guest Present" virtual device.
            3) Vacation Day - Triggers specific Vacation events.

1) If I test "ANY event with text" as a condition in a HS event and the Today Calendar Event hasn't started yet, would the event still trigger?

2) If you did a search on ANY event does it search all text for the words in the "With Text" field? Example, With Text = "Day Off", would it trigger on "Chicken Day Cook Off"? or do the words have to be in succession?

3) If I wanted to have a condition for the Holiday Calendar to see if Today/Tomorrow was a specific Holiday (With Text="Labor Day", "Halloween" etc.) does the Holiday move to the "Today Calendar" or stay in the "Holiday Calendar"?

It would be nice if there were the options for this condition of "equals" / "Does not equal".

What do you think about these ideas?
            I think it's most feasible to check already started events for specific words?

Comment

I’m willing to give it a try…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Plugin's:

Comment

Hello Alex,
                Have you had a chance to add this feature we were talking about? I’ve tried to see if I can use the existing triggers that GCal offers but it looks like the plugin doesn’t have any way to add event conditions for GCal. Would it be possible to add what we’ve talked about as a trigger and condition?
                Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Plugin's:

Comment

Hello Alex,subtriggre
                  Have you had a chance to add this feature we were talking about? I’ve tried to see if I can use the existing triggers that GCal offers but it looks like the plugin doesn’t have any way to add event conditions for GCal. Would it be possible to add what we’ve talked about as a trigger and condition?
                  I'm working on it now, you are right - I never implemented conditions n HS4, only triggers. Problem is - it's not possible to make a single sub-trigger (i.e. event started) a condition, it's specified on top (trigger) level. So I will have to split sub-triggers in tree top level triggers, which is more messy and will break existing events.

Comment

I'm working on it now, you are right - I never implemented conditions n HS4, only triggers. Problem is - it's not possible to make a single sub-trigger (i.e. event started) a condition, it's specified on top (trigger) level. So I will have to split sub-triggers in tree top level triggers, which is more messy and will break existing events.
                    Hey Alex, is this still in the works?
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Thanks for reminding, I'll check today

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.18 - Added "Contains Text" Condition sub-trigger

I didn't want to create a separate trigger, since I can't specify if it's trigger or condition on sub-trigger level - so added a sub-trigger - to make clear that it's Condition only I had to add (Condition) text.

Unfortunately, this way users may wrongly select sub-trigger without understanding the difference, but I guess it's better than adding separate top level trigger.

I also asked HST, they will improve it in the upcoming versions, hopefully.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-09 (1).png Views:	11 Size:	53.8 KB ID:	1512990

Comment

The Profit just a warning, the "Event Contains" checks current events in the calendar - including already started events which may not be shown (unless "Include Started" option is selected).

Comment

The Profit just a warning, the "Event Contains" checks current events in the calendar - including already started events which may not be shown (unless "Include Started" option is selected).
                            I have "Include Started" checked in Todays calendar, I just don't have it checked in Tomorrows calendar. I would only need it turned on if an event spanned across more than one day, correct?
                            Plugin's:

Comment

I have "Include Started" checked in Todays calendar, I just don't have it checked in Tomorrows calendar. I would only need it turned on if an event spanned across more than one day, correct?
                              1. The "Event Contains" condition is only applied to real calendars, not "today" or "tomorrow" (I think)
                              2. "Include Started" option affects display of already started events (obviously ) - if event started and "Include Started" is not selected - the event will be removed from HS device.
                              if "Include Started" is selected - the event will be displayed until it ends. This is necessary for "Event Ended" trigger only.
                              3. What I was saying in the previous post - even if "Include Started" is not set (so the started event is gone from HS device) - all current events in this calendar will be checked for "Event Contains" condition.
                              4. Another note - only events within the number of events for the calendar are checked, i.e. if you have only one event device, but in the calendar you have more events - they will be ignored.

Comment

Hello. I don't think this is a current option within the plugin but wanted to see if it could be considered to be added in the future.

I am looking at setting up a display calendar within my HS touch app to show the next 2 weeks of activities listed out by day, similar to how it is displayed on google calendar view. I know I can get the Today Calendar / Tomorrow Calendar with the current app, but wanted to see if it would be possible to add a 14 day outlook by day. Also creating a device within each day that shows a configurable name for the day, such as "Monday, August 28" to be used in the heading of the HS Touch calendar.

This may create to many devices, 7 devices per day, 14 days, 98 devices total but wanted to see what you thought or if it is possible.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X