Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot seem to get the "Trigger Before" functionality to work at all

Originally posted by artstein View Post
    Hi there... I'm running HS4 and really want to use this plugin, but I can't seem to get events to trigger using the "Trigger Before" option.

Events will trigger ON the calendar event start, but I cannot seem to get the "Trigger Before" functionality to work at all.
    I have tried many different time formats, and the HS event even says "Notify before 5H 0M", but still won't trigger.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Is the time format very specific?

ksum, artstein Ver 4.0.0.6 (BETA) should fix the "trigger before" issue.

Please verify.

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Please verify.
    Thanks... I'll try that soon.

Comment

Please verify.
      Looks like HS4 "trigger before" is now working...

One suggestion though, since you're not using a picker for the "trigger before" value, might I suggest adding a note like you did for the global variables, stating the format of the time before... IE: DD:HH:MM:SS or something along those lines. When I was first testing, it was a bit confusing trying to get the time format right.

Comment

I also just ran across a small bug in the HS4 event trigger setup. I choose the calendar to poll and then set the the trigger before, but when I hit save, it loses the calendar choice and won't save. Then I re-choose the calendar and it will save. Just FYI.

Comment

I also just ran across a small bug in the HS4 event trigger setup. I choose the calendar to poll and then set the the trigger before, but when I hit save, it loses the calendar choice and won't save. Then I re-choose the calendar and it will save. Just FYI.
          I'll check.

Regarding the format - I hope it's temporary and HS will add TimePicker (soon), but yeah, can add the note.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.7 (BETA) - Fixed AllDay event offset; Fixed saving calendar in trigger

Comment

Sadly, it appears that the "Ended" trigger is not working. I did just update to 4.0.0.7 Beta, but it didn't seem to be working before that update either.

Comment

Sadly, it appears that the "Ended" trigger is not working. I did just update to 4.0.0.7 Beta, but it didn't seem to be working before that update either.
                Do you have "Show Started" events enabled for this calendar?

Comment

Well, I did remember turning that on for my calendars, but when I just looked, it was off again. Will test again.

Comment

Okay, apparently I did have that feature on in one version, but not both versions, evidently...
                    Since I'm running both versions, I guess I was in the wrong setup page...

Seems to be working now.

Comment

Seems? Or working?

Comment

Seems? Or working?
                        I am still testing the whole functionality, but the trigger IS working correctly for time before, event start, and event end.
                        I have not tested thoroughly the text string functionality, so I don't want to say it works completely yet.

I'll be doing some testing again, concentrating on the event text to search for, in about 5-6 hours or so.

So far, so good though.

Comment

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Ok, thank you.
                            You're welcome...
                            The more I can help you debug, the better for all of us

I do appreciate all of your work and timely responses on this. I will be purchasing it... Just so you know
                            Just want to make sure I can use it for my needs first.

One of these days, I'm going to learn how to package things for sale...
                            I've been using HS for so long, that I have a lot of scripts and such that I would love to be able to sell, LOL

Comment

You're welcome...
                              The more I can help you debug, the better for all of us

I do appreciate all of your work and timely responses on this. I will be purchasing it... Just so you know
                              Just want to make sure I can use it for my needs first.

One of these days, I'm going to learn how to package things for sale...
                              I've been using HS for so long, that I have a lot of scripts and such that I would love to be able to sell, LOL
                              You would need to move your scripts to plugins..

Comment

Working...
                              X