All day offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All day offset

I do not think the offset setting for an All Day calendar item is working. I have the offset set to 7:00 and it shows as 7 hours. I have a HomeSeer event to send an email on a given all day calendar event. I am not receiving the email. When I removed the offset I do receive the email.

If I set the offset as shown in the field's helper text it gives me 0s offset. The text suggests 07':'00 where there are single quotes around the colon. Removing the single quotes, as I have in my setting apparently sets the offset to the entered value but nothing occurs 7 hours before, nor after midnight. With this set to 0, the event fires within a minute of midnight as expected.

Maybe I have the offset incorrect?

​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​My HomeSeer Event The plugin's offset seeing
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_99431.png
Views:	110
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	1459809 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_99432.png
Views:	98
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1459810

Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Note: the "single quotes around the colon" are only necessary for "Time Display Format" - there's a "More Details" link above for explanation.

But for the AllDay event offset you set it correct. So possibly it doesn't work.

As we discussed already here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...ar-event/page2

As randy said in post #29 - it has to be:

IF The time is 8:00PM
    AND IF The calendar event is “Mom’s Birthday”.

But I don't remember the outcome from the discussion, need to check again.

Comment

Since that time I have started with a completely fresh installation of HS4 from scratch. Not an upgrade, but a fresh install, rebuilding all events, etc. without copying but recreating Events, Virtual Devices, etc. Even the z-wave devices were recreated. They were not re-associated with the

The offset never worked for me in HS4 and I had decided to wait until the port to HS4 since there was a possibility of difference between versions and I had wished to respect your focus on the HS3 versions at the time.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
        Since that time I have started with a completely fresh installation of HS4 from scratch. Not an upgrade, but a fresh install, rebuilding all events, etc. without copying but recreating Events, Virtual Devices, etc. Even the z-wave devices were recreated. They were not re-associated with the

The offset never worked for me in HS4 and I had decided to wait until the port to HS4 since there was a possibility of difference between versions and I had wished to respect your focus on the HS3 versions at the time.
        Ok, I'll check. Feel free to hustle me if I forget.

Comment

Really just wanted to make sure it wasn't in my settings and that you were aware of this. I have been patient this long so that is fine. COVID has helped since I now work from home 5 days a week instead of 4 and vacation/holidays have been limited. I also know that testing takes time as you have to wait until the next day to make sure it is working. At least that has been my approach. I do not expect to have an All Day calendar item from today honor a change to the offset which was made today.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

I also know that testing takes time as you have to wait until the next day to make sure it is working. At least that has been my approach.
            It should be easier to test, you don't have to wait for tomorrow. Just set an all day event for today, the add the offset past current time. Then use "poll" button to get the event into plugin.

And instead of email use something more reliable action, I use "Speak something".

I'll test myself too.

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.7 (BETA) - Fixed AllDay event offset; Fixed saving calendar in trigger

[EDIT]

BTW, for all day event with offset make sure "Show Started" events is enabled for this calendar

Comment

I can confirm that this is now working. Thank you very much alexbk66 !
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events

Comment

I can confirm that this is now working. Thank you very much alexbk66 !
                  No problem. There are still things I need to test and complete....

Comment

Working...
                  X