Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there updated information regarding this plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there updated information regarding this plugin?

Hi Alex,

I've already invested a few hours in installing and testing this plugin and reading the threads on this forum, but honestly I still have a lot of difficulties

I really like the visual aspect and the organization of information

Is there some more up-to-date information, namely related to triggers and it's limitations?

It would be interesting to have a more detailed description and with some more detailed examples on how to get done some basic triggers

The only trigger I can have consistently working is the "if calendar event occures". In this trigger, if I include the text for filtering by the description, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This filtering by name is essential.

As for the actions I can create an event, but I tried in the text field to use &hs.ReplaceVariables("$$DVR:223:"), but it didn't work. How can I do this?

Thanks

WINDOWS 10 / HS3PRO / AKGOOGLE CALENDAR 3.0.0.45

Originally posted by ANTOLIVEIRA View Post
    Is there some more up-to-date information, namely related to triggers and it's limitations?

It would be interesting to have a more detailed description and with some more detailed examples on how to get done some basic triggers

The only trigger I can have consistently working is the "if calendar event occures". In this trigger, if I include the text for filtering by the description, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This filtering by name is essential.

As for the actions I can create an event, but I tried in the text field to use &hs.ReplaceVariables("$$DVR:223:"), but it didn't work. How can I do this?
    Hi António,

I extracted the Trigger/Action info into separate thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...iggers-actions

If you have any issues please start separate thread for each issue, i.e.

1. "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" - what doesn't work?

2. "I tried in the text field to use &hs.ReplaceVariables("$$DVR:223:") but it didn't work" - what text field? What doesn't work?

Click image for larger version  Name:	global_vars.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	1479052

Comment

António, do you mean you want the value of device 223 to appear in the Google Calendar event? I don't think I implemented this, but it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

António, do you mean you want the value of device 223 to appear in the Google Calendar event? I don't think I implemented this, but it's possible.
        Hi Alex,
        Yes. The value or the string linked to a device... I think this ability (or not) makes a huge difference

Comment

Hi Alex,

I've already read it. That's why I asked if there was more up-to-date and clear information on the subject
          I would like to have the plugin working but I can't be wasting an infinite amount of time explaining what doesn't work. I already explained what works...
          It's tremendously more efficient for me to figure out how to configure events on calendars for triggers to work. If possible with some practical examples...
          If after that I get specific problems then it will be worth particularizing...
          In the same way, as you understand saying that it can be done, it doesn't help, because (almost) everything can be done.... The question is if you are going to do it and when

Regards

Comment

I would like to have the plugin working but I can't be wasting an infinite amount of time explaining what doesn't work. I already explained what works...
            It's tremendously more efficient for me to figure out how to configure events on calendars for triggers to work. If possible with some practical examples...
            If after that I get specific problems then it will be worth particularizing...
            In the same way, as you understand saying that it can be done, it doesn't help, because (almost) everything can be done.... The question is if you are going to do it and when
            1. The information in the post I linked above is most up-to-date and has practical examples for everything.
            2. If you have some particular question or issue - feel free to ask. That's what the forum is for.
            3. If you have any feature requests - please post them here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ature-requests
            4. If you look at reviews for my plugins - all 5 stars and "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE"

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...plugin-for-hs3
            https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...lug-in-for-hs3
            https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...lug-in-for-hs3
            https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...plugin-for-hs3

Comment

1. The information in the post I linked above is most up-to-date and has practical examples for everything.
              2. If you have some particular question or issue - feel free to ask. That's what the forum is for.
              3. If you have any feature requests - please post them here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ature-requests
              4. If you look at reviews for my plugins - all 5 stars and "GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE"
              Hi Alex,

First, let's make some points very clear:

A. I'm not criticizing, I'm trying out the plugin and asking for additional information; only that!
              B. Secondly, I'm glad to hear that your support rating is very good. At this moment I have no opinion on the matter!
              C. I have been a Homeseer user for 20 years, (see my profile) I have gone through all versions 1, 2 and 3 and within them through various plugins.
              D. In these 20 years I have 139 posts. It means that not being an IT professional, nor a programmer, I have more to learn than to teach
              E. I have no problem buying your plugin, even if only for the possibility of seeing my calendar events in a unified and easier way, however I see that the plugin has many more possibilities that I would like to take advantage of
              F. What's critical to me isn't the price of the plugin it's the time. It is said that time is money, but in reality it is much more than that.

Having this in mind, let's go the hard way and check my questions:

Point 1: In the documentation right at the beginning you mention that:

HS Event Triggers:

The following trigger types are available in the plugin:
              • Google Calendar Event Reminder
              • Google Calendar Event Start
              • Google Calendar Event End
              • Number of Google Calendar Events
              But I don't get this - please see attached printscreens

I get

Event Occures
              Event Reminder
              Event Ended

1.1 If my plugin and the information, both are up-to-date, why do I get this?

1.2 Can you explain the real differences between Occures and Reminder

1.3 Why I don't have an Event start?

With this initial flaw in the documentation, everything that comes after is of dubious validity

Do you understand why I am questioning if there is no more current information (or more adapted to my case) and if possible with examples?

Comment

First, let's make some points very clear...

Do you understand why I am questioning if there is no more current information (or more adapted to my case) and if possible with examples?
                1. I'm on this forum form 2017, but have 4824 posts which shows that I'm not afraid to help others

2. "If my plugin and the information, both are up-to-date, why do I get this?" First of all, you are using HS3 version, but this is HS4 forum.

3. "Why I don't have an Event start?" - Occur is synonym of Start

4. "Can you explain the real differences between Occures and Reminder"

https://developers.google.com/calend...epts/reminders

Click image for larger version  Name:	Reminders.png Views:	0 Size:	33.8 KB ID:	1479228

5. "I am questioning if there is no more current information (or more adapted to my case) and if possible with examples?" - If you read the thread - there are examples for everything, what exactly is "your case"?

6. "I'm not criticizing" You are, I find your tone a bit aggressive

7. "It is said that time is money" Exactly

Comment

Alex,

1. I didn't say (or suggested) you were afraid to help anyone; in fact I don't even see why you should have ... Why are we discussing this?

2. Sorry about that, but in my post at the end I reported my system as HS3PRO and you sent me the link to the HS4 forum! (...); instead (as I see it now) I should be redirected to: AK Google Calendar plugin introduction / instructions / screenshots - HomeSeer Message Board

3. and 4 are now clear, because I'm readind the HS3 instructions; and of course I know what a reminder is in a calendar (...)

5. You are making the same error again. You are sending me to the HS4 forum (...)

6. No, I'm not and
                  and I can say the same about you. This doesn't lead to anything; I suggest that we focus on the issues

7. Glad we agreed

As far as I understand, I think we should continue this support in the HS3 AK Google Calendar (alexbk66) - HomeSeer Message Board

Please confirrm

PS: I came here directly through a google search; had not seen that there was a separate forum for the HS3...

Thanks

Comment

The functionality of HS3 and HS4 plugin versions is the same, just screenshots are different.

But please note - I don't support HS3 version, if you need any fixes or new features - please consider upgrading to HS4.

And I don't charge for the plugin update to HS4 version. But you will need to obtain separate license here https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/pluginupgrades.

Comment

The functionality of HS3 and HS4 plugin versions is the same, just screenshots are different.

But please note - I don't support HS3 version, if you need any fixes or new features - please consider upgrading to HS4.

And I don't charge for the plugin update to HS4 version. But you will need to obtain separate license here https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/pluginupgrades.

Today is definitely not my lucky day. I just posted a series of support questions on the HS3 forum Considering that I would be willing to buy the HS3 plugin, can't you make an exception and answer the basic questions I have?

Comment

Are you serious?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-13 110720.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1479352

Comment

Are you serious?

Good morning to those who are in mine, or close to, my time zone, good afternoon/good night to you, Alex.

Alex,

Honestly, I find very difficult to communicate rationally with you.

Did I ask you to respond right away?

There is a time difference between our continents of 10 hours. It seems natural (at least to me) that I make posts in my daytime schedule, which corresponds to your night time (and vice versa)

I would like to think that the communication problem is exclusively mine, due to my English eventually not having a minimum quality to be able to communicate, but objectively it's not just that.(...)

As I told you I've been on this forum for over 20 years, bought plugins for HS1, HS2 and HS3 and participated in discussions, never having had any problem making myself understood.

Although I obviously don't know people personally, I even maintain some healthy contacts with some members, outside this circle ...

In short:

1. I googled and came to this forum, which effectively is a HS4 forum and as such, all this conversation eventually should never have existed here
                          2. Although "it's my fault" for not having noticed that I was in an HS4 exclusive (?) forum, the truth is that I identified myself as a HS3PRO user and you also didn't noticed or said anything; on the contrary, you forwarded me to links from the same HS4 forum
                          3. You finally told me I was in the wrong forum, but you didn't tell me you had discontinued HS3 support
                          4. In the meantime I asked you if you could make an improvement associated with the actions and you said yes.
                          5. As you told me I was in the wrong forum, I went to the HS3 forum and wasted a lot of time posting my questions...
                          6. Some of my questions, you reversed them by asking me the answer to the question I had asked...
                          7. You finally tell me you've discontinued support for HS3...
                          8. And now to finish, this post that doesn't make any sense...

Conclusion:

A. At least, it's not the right way to deal with anyone
                          B. In my opinion this is also not a smart attitude, particularly if you take into account that we are in a public forum and that I am just a mere forum user, but you are a seller.
                          C. Regarding the plugin, as I told you, it seems to me a very good piece of software, that I would have liked to incorporate it into my system, but naturally "I can live without it"

Therefore I close this matter now and permanently, as this conversation is of no interest to any of the other members of the forum and from now on it would run the risk of becoming destructive

Regards
                          António

Comment

I made the improvement next day after you asked. In HS4 version.
                            It's a minor improvement which doesn't affect the rest of functionality. So after upgrading to HS4 you can enjoy it.
                            And I created a separate instructions thread for you.
                            Are you saying that in 20 years of using HS you got this kind of support?
                            António, you don't appreciate amount of time I spent answering all your questions in all threads you created.
                            I couldn't find a single "please" or "thank you" in any of your posts.

And I'm not gonna waste time on HS3 version, as you said - time is money.

Comment

Working...
                            X